ok that was rough!

Notes to and from the paowers that be
Luanne

ok that was rough!

Post by Luanne »

we're back. We're back.... breathe breathe.....

admin????
Luly

Re: ok that was rough!

Post by Luly »

Yeah, hellooo
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Just got back from NH and wondered if you guys had talked so much you burned up the board already!!!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I'm still trying to breath again.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep, the official story is (for those of you techies that want to know) that *one* of the databases on the host site server was experiencing some problems that required a patch. Unfortunately, there are lots of databases on that one machine, one of which is the database that stores all of our settings and posts. During my initial call to support, I was told it was rebooting.. to give it a few minutes. After what might have been the longest few minutes of my life since childbirth, I called back and they put me on hold. All of the impacted databases were just going through a final check, so the database took more like 10 minutes to come back up.

I've been assured that it was nothing we did, and that these kinds of things don't happen very often at all. In addition, I've been assured that, as the site owner, that I'll be notified of any *scheduled* outages, so that I can let you guys know.

I think I just had a stroke. I need a drink. :?
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

oh gosh - I thought we'd broken it :oops:
Luly

Post by Luly »

Me too! I thought it was all our yappin! WHEW
donnak

Post by donnak »

nancine wrote:oh gosh - I thought we'd broken it :oops:
Me, too! :wtf:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I tried to check it this afternoon when it was down and almost had heart failure. I thought "Oh no, here we go. Somebody complained and had us kicked off." First thing I did when I got home (after taking off the pantyhose) was run in here to check.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Whew. :shock:
Pam Cook #48
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Whewwwww. Actually, I got busy at work (the nerve of people coming into my office and wanting my attention! :lol: ) and didn't know we were "gone"--I'm so glad it's all ok!
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Wow! Same Here! I go off into the sewing room to work on a quilt for a couple of hours and I miss all the excitement. Kinda glad I did though. Didn't need the stress!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

It was bad..... bad bad bad. I think it pointed out the fact that I'm a manic/depressive, I've been so depressed until we did this, then when it crashed.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just ask Luly, poor thing was on the phone.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Glad to be back online! I figured it was the host having a snafu, but still frustrating.
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Well we are back now :)
thank goodness. I can't lose this life line!!

I am working from home again today, but have to pop out for while shortly then I will be checking again to make sure we are still here!

Appointment with the marriage counsellor again this morning... Obviously now just on my own. She phoned me to see how I was the other day. Told her it was all over. She is lovely and actually said, ok, let's start some intensive one on one counselling. So today is the day :)
Sorry I am Off topic again... I just need to tell someone what I am doing... Sorry!!