March 2018 Challenge

pamcook

March 2018 Challenge

Post by pamcook »

In the spirit of the current class I’m taking, the challenge is to pull together a kit from your existing supplies and use it as the base for your scrapbook pages this month. The challenge is to make a minimum of 4 layouts this month.
For your kit, choose:
1 large print
1 smaller print
4 coordinating “solids” (true solids or monotone prints or both)
2 neutrals
Embellishments
Stamp(s)
Yes you can add to this when you need to.
Bonus points for posting a photo of your kit.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Re: March 2018 Challenge

Post by paddlegal »

Oh I like this. I really want to try it. So far there is nothing planned for the weekend so here’s hoping. I think my biggest challenge will be just trying to create a kit.

Thanks Pam for the great challenge.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:Oh I like this. I really want to try it. So far there is nothing planned for the weekend so here’s hoping. I think my biggest challenge will be just trying to create a kit.

Let me know if I can help. My first suggestion would be to choose the paper with the large/bold pattern first.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:
paddlegal wrote:Oh I like this. I really want to try it. So far there is nothing planned for the weekend so here’s hoping. I think my biggest challenge will be just trying to create a kit.

Let me know if I can help. My first suggestion would be to choose the paper with the large/bold pattern first.

Thanks...you know I need all the help I can get, LOL.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Is it cheating if I post a picture of the Disney stuff I hauled back out so I can work on more WDW pages? :lol: :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Monica wrote:Is it cheating if I post a picture of the Disney stuff I hauled back out so I can work on more WDW pages? :lol: :lol:
Not cheating at all! That’s a great idea.

I forgot to add my stamps to the picture. Will do that when I post layouts. I decided to scrap book my Christmas 2017 pictures this month. I go about 90% theme-supplies with Christmas photos!
E8F99FA5-41E4-46C8-A441-9D845DD2F9B2.jpeg
E8F99FA5-41E4-46C8-A441-9D845DD2F9B2.jpeg (145.31 KiB) Viewed 476 times
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

The stamps I plan to use.
80F12017-EEAE-4B7E-9118-86778ACBF639.jpeg
80F12017-EEAE-4B7E-9118-86778ACBF639.jpeg (142.58 KiB) Viewed 473 times
First layout.
57BC109A-BA0C-4330-B089-405017302DA5.jpeg
57BC109A-BA0C-4330-B089-405017302DA5.jpeg (193.61 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Pam, great layout. Can't wait to try mine tomorrow.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
Monica

Post by Monica »

Firstly... no judging me on the crazy amount of Disney themed crap I have for scrapbooking. :lol:

My main kit/papers for my WDW album is the top photo. The second photo is showing some of my other stuff that I'm also trying to use up while doing this album. Hopefully that fits with Pam's idea of a kit... :tomato: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
main kit.JPG
main kit.JPG (80.59 KiB) Viewed 462 times
secondary supplies.JPG
secondary supplies.JPG (85.75 KiB) Viewed 462 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pam, wonderful LO and cool activity the kids were doing with grandpa. Love the stamp collection too.

Monica, I bow to your WDW collections! No judgment...just impressed and the fact that you actually use it.

So here is my very simple collection. Can you guess my theme? :lol: I don’t have actual embellishments so my stamps and dies will do that job. That I have plenty of. I hope it isn’t cheating by starting with an actual collection of papers...coincidentally Shimelle’s “True Stories” collection...which was made for me I think. And then there’s my never ending CS card stock for my solids and neutrals. Looks pretty dull when I see the photos below. But I will likely add to it as I go and I also have this paper in 6X6.
Attachments
28DAC629-A5C8-4CBD-B585-6E7A3376F825.jpeg
28DAC629-A5C8-4CBD-B585-6E7A3376F825.jpeg (141.65 KiB) Viewed 451 times
5B8FD6DA-0C80-4556-9B03-C122A98FD0F7.jpeg
5B8FD6DA-0C80-4556-9B03-C122A98FD0F7.jpeg (149.81 KiB) Viewed 451 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Loving your paper theme, Farley! Curious to see what you do with that kit.

I confess to having some papers in that Disney collection that are circa late 90s... and some stickers that aren't much more recent... :lol: But I am actively working on busting through some of that product, using old up, and mixing it all with my main kit: Say Cheese I, II and III from Simple Stories.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great layout Pam. I was thinking what a fabulous Christmas stamp collection that was until I realized it's actually several sets LOL. I see some very usefull ones there; do you know who made them? I really like your first layout as well. Not surprisingly as a Canadian I have never fired a gun, and it's actually something on my bucket list.
Monica, that Disney kit looks similar to what I was working with when I did my big Disney album several years ago. When you're a Disney fan it's hard to resist all the cute papers and embellishments available specifically for that, although I'll confess the Say Cheese colour scheme, even with the addition of turquoise, doesn't float my boat. Sorry, Mickey. Can't wait to see more of your layouts. Including 'vintage' themed papers will make them even better.
Farley, I think your stamps and dies will add all the embellishing you need. Looking forward to seeing your pages in this theme.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Monica. I’m not worthy! I have bits and pieces of those collections and have used some but I have trouble making the colors work with my photos. Can’t wait to see your pages! Maybe you’ll motivate me to use the rest of what I have.

Farley, the sheet with the cups is perfect for fussy cutting. You don’t need a bunch of embellishments when you have images right there on that sheet of paper.

Keitha, the stamp sets are from Shimelle. She’s offered them for sale on her blog the past few years. I find them to be very useful for scrapbook pages. There are a couple more but I don’t plan to use them this month. If I do, I’ll point them out.

Looks like so far we’re going with theme-based kits. Who else is going to jump in? You’ll be surprised how motivating this challenge can be.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I’m glad I just revisited eveyone’s kits. I forgot all about my alpha stickers/Thickers! See how much I need your guidance?
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I have also gone with a theme for this challenge. My kit is titled Train a-Comin' and I've made a list of about 8 sets of photos I could use it for. This is actually an idea I've had for awhile, so I started with a couple things I always intended to include: a BG page kit with some train motifs and some train-shaped brads I've had in my stash forever. One set of photos is from a tour of The Railway Children set when it was in Toronto, hence the brochure and Union Jacks which I watercolour-stamped awhile ago. I added my big compass stamp but forgot to put the coordinating stencils in the photo which include a pocket watch. Rifled through a couple of paper folders to add more blues and reds; I tried really hard not to go overboard as I know I can add more papers if I don't get bored with the subject first. The Thickers and metals are representational as I'll dig for what I want as I go, and the gold a nod to the Route 66 layouts I hope to do, as I put gold on all those pages. I pulled the transparency diecuts and old rub-ons as I hope to use those specifically, but there are lots more embellishments in the drawers.
I'll add the list of possible layouts to my kit, and because I tend to be more successful with page kits I'm thinking I may further divide this to use for specific photos before I start.
Attachments
DSCN4931_r.jpg
DSCN4931_r.jpg (201.56 KiB) Viewed 433 times