March 2018 Challenge

pamcook

Re: March 2018 Challenge

Post by pamcook »

Impressive kit you’ve assembled there Keitha. I’m happy you’re joining us.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Page #2 using #clearthescrapdesk designs.
BC0C269F-C0F6-485D-9E86-B27DB1EC0609.jpeg
BC0C269F-C0F6-485D-9E86-B27DB1EC0609.jpeg (181.34 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Very nice page Pam, I love the stars.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Keitha wrote:Monica, that Disney kit looks similar to what I was working with when I did my big Disney album several years ago. When you're a Disney fan it's hard to resist all the cute papers and embellishments available specifically for that, although I'll confess the Say Cheese colour scheme, even with the addition of turquoise, doesn't float my boat. Sorry, Mickey. Can't wait to see more of your layouts. Including 'vintage' themed papers will make them even better.
I'm laughing to myself because I was struggling so hard trying to just use the vintage stuff but when I was looking for inspiration to start on the WDW project a year and a half ago I kept seeing all the Say Cheese stuff that just seems to work well for me in being the overall kit used throughout. My sis isn't really a huge fan of the line either, ironically, given that she is the reason for a lot of my Disney themed stuff.... tons of photos of her and her kiddos at Disneyland! The lines I struggle with the most are princess-themed, because the dominant color is always pinks and I am NOT a fan of pink.
pamcook wrote:Monica. I’m not worthy! I have bits and pieces of those collections and have used some but I have trouble making the colors work with my photos. Can’t wait to see your pages! Maybe you’ll motivate me to use the rest of what I have.
:lol: Not worthy because you haven't spent the last 20 years buying pretty much anything Disney themed you can find? I'd say it's that I'm even more crazy than you knew... :lol: I am rediscovering some great treasures as I dig through this stuff though. ;) And every time I toss packaging I do a victory fist pump at using up another bit of product on a scrapbook page.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Monica

Post by Monica »

Great page, Pam! I really love the stars you've got there... both the metallic and the ones cut from geometric paper. Adds some great visual interest. And such a great photo!

Ketiha, looking forward to your pages with that fun kit you've assembled! One of my bucket list items is to take a multi-day train ride. I've done a local one that does day trips a few times and it just makes me want to go on a longer run!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:Great page, Pam! I really love the stars you've got there... both the metallic and the ones cut from geometric paper. Adds some great visual interest. And such a great photo!

Ketiha, looking forward to your pages with that fun kit you've assembled! One of my bucket list items is to take a multi-day train ride. I've done a local one that does day trips a few times and it just makes me want to go on a longer run!

Monica, you mentioning a multi day train ride now is making me dig up photos from the one time I did that with my family. I think I know where I can dig up some of those photos. I was 12, we went to Springfield IL for Christmas and a family reunion with my mom’s family. Flew there but due to the huge snow storm that hit the day before we were to leave we ended up taking the train from Springfield to Chicago to Emeryville (Berkeley) CA. It was fantastic. Wow...now I am on a mission!
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

paddlegal wrote:
Monica wrote:Great page, Pam! I really love the stars you've got there... both the metallic and the ones cut from geometric paper. Adds some great visual interest. And such a great photo!

Monica, you mentioning a multi day train ride now is making me dig up photos from the one time I did that with my family. I think I know where I can dig up some of those photos. I was 12, we went to Springfield IL for Christmas and a family reunion with my mom’s family. Flew there but due to the huge snow storm that hit the day before we were to leave we ended up taking the train from Springfield to Chicago to Emeryville (Berkeley) CA. It was fantastic. Wow...now I am on a mission!
Sounds like quite an adventure! I look forward to seeing it!
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Monica, my big trip to WDW in 2005 was with my grandson, so I had no need of any princess papers/product at all. I do recall buying one sheet with a thought to doing a layout along the lines of 'what princess wouldn't want to be with this great kid,' but never did. Had we met any in the parks I've have had an excuse, but as our trip was October/pre-Halloween we were instead treated to a number of villains. I do keep threatening to go again without any grands in tow; if I ever do that'll be my chance for the princess product.
Farley that sounds like a great train trip, I hope you find/scrap the photos and share with us. I take whatever train excursions I can which is usually when I'm on holiday, although once did an overnight on a sleeper car. That was a milk run from Land's End to London and I swear every time the train stopped I woke up thinking I was going to roll out of my bunk; if I never sleep on a train again that will be fine with me. I do want to do the cross-Canada trip by train, but would opt for the one that stays in hotels each night along the way.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

A quick BG kit page to begin with for me. Oliver might have been my all-time favourite Basic Grey collection ever.
Attachments
DSCN4933_r.jpg
DSCN4933_r.jpg (225.43 KiB) Viewed 134 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great layout Keitha! The colors in that collection are the best.
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

This looks like a great challenge this month, Pam.
Keitha, the grey paper with the "designer" grid pattern is perfect with the train photos.
Kathryn.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Join us Kathryn!

There’s a strange shadow on this photo.
ABBCEB82-6BB7-49F9-9517-B5308663A52F.jpeg
ABBCEB82-6BB7-49F9-9517-B5308663A52F.jpeg (189.06 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Love the layout, Keitha! And I second Kathryn on that gridded paper.

You're busting through those, Pam. :cool5: Way to go!

Found the sketch to get me going on my current handful of photos. Now to select my papers and embellies....
Monica

Post by Monica »

Okay, here's my first one! Discovered that I don't actually have anything Alice in Wonderland, but I did have a couple things for the Queen of Hearts. Everything came from what was in those pictures of my kit. :D
Attachments
IMG_20180303_150421.jpg
IMG_20180303_150421.jpg (112.34 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Looks great Monica. I love the selfie with the blurred lights whizzing by in the background.