winter storms

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

winter storms

Post by Monica »

Hey, anyone here effected by the nasty white out conditions hitting Pennsylvania? I have a girlfriend who lives in rural Pennsylvania currently stuck at work, without power for going on 3 hours now, waiting for someone to come get her. As of a couple hours back she had 8 inches of snow with predictions of up to 18 inches. I'm patiently waiting for a text that she's home safely, and it got me wondering if anyone here is in that muck.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Re: winter storms

Post by Keitha »

Sorry to hear your friend's stuck in that. Up here in Southern Ontario we've got sunny skies and temperatures above freezing for the next several days.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Haven't seen anything on Pa., but the New England states are flooding along the coast. We were 61 today but with a lot of wind.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

We are 48 here with blue skies and fluffy clouds. Looks like the east coast is getting hammered though. You all over there just cannot get a break!
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Wow! No snow here but we've had high winds. Gales up to 60mph. The water was heading out of the creek today but by late this afternoon it was coming back in. The weather man was talking about flooding later in the weekend and first of the week.
Attachments
creek 3-2-2018.jpg
creek 3-2-2018.jpg (47.38 KiB) Viewed 385 times
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Good grief, you all take care in the East! I was just watching NBC’s weather report. Very scary!

Here in Northern CA it’s very cold...30s at night, 40s during the day. Very stormy here for the last 2 days and tomorrow the same. Lots of rain which is a good thing since we’ve had next to none this past Fall and Winter.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

We've had winds today. Blindside flooding across the highway. Thankfully not down our street or in our house. Whew!! Its sounding gusty out there tonight too. Hope it settles down. Crazy weather.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

We’re getting the high winds from the nor’easter hitting New England. Monica, I hope your friend is safe. Lots of downed trees and power outages here but mild temperatures are keeping the snow at bay. We desperately need the rain.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

pamcook wrote:We’re getting the high winds from the nor’easter hitting New England. Monica, I hope your friend is safe. Lots of downed trees and power outages here but mild temperatures are keeping the snow at bay. We desperately need the rain.
I haven't heard from her yet. Which could mean any number of things. She's still at the store trying to stay warm. She's on her way home but cell signal is still sporadic. Her cell died entirely and she can't charge it. She's home but no power there either. Etc. I've been playing that game for a few hours now.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

We've had a lot of wind and sunny skies this afternoon. Our wind is strong but no where near what they are getting up north. I have family living in the Baltimore, Md area and they have been without power. A good many power outages.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

my girlfriend is safely home now, and likely snowed in for the weekend. :D
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:my girlfriend is safely home now, and likely snowed in for the weekend. :D

Oh I am so glad she’s home safe and you can rest your mind as well.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Steve spent entire afternoon trying to fly up to PA, slept here and now is flying standby today.
Earliest they could guarantee flight is tomorrow.

The storm seemed to have come in worse than expected. Massive coastal flooding in MA and up around my parents in ME.

I had to explain to Maya what a Nor'easter was, told her if she plans on going to college up north she needs to learn what they are.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Hope he can get out and have a safe flight.
ChristyB wrote:Steve spent entire afternoon trying to fly up to PA, slept here and now is flying standby today.
Earliest they could guarantee flight is tomorrow.

The storm seemed to have come in worse than expected. Massive coastal flooding in MA and up around my parents in ME.

I had to explain to Maya what a Nor'easter was, told her if she plans on going to college up north she needs to learn what they are.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

The U.K has had a lot of snow over the past few days, as a weather system came in from Siberia,with very strong winds and lower temperatures than we are used to. We have been quite lucky, compared with what other people have got, and as we didn't have to go anywhere we just stayed put.
Kathryn.