Phone photos - size?

New tricks to amaze your friends
Keitha

Phone photos - size?

Post by Keitha »

Trying to think if I ever arbitrarily set the picture size on my phone and can't remember doing so; guess it was preset to 16:9. Which I end up cropping every time I print a photo - although admittedly I don't use it for my main camera so it's not that big a deal. But I'm debating changing the size up and thought about taking square photos (aspect ratio 1:1) just for variety. I can't be bothered with Instagram, which is probably the primary reason to do this. Curious what everyone does with their phones, especially if you use it for a lot of the photos you print/scrap.
paddlegal

Re: Phone photos - size?

Post by paddlegal »

Haha...this just points out to me how little I know about my iPhone and the camera. I didn’t know I could change the aspect ratio other then I do know you can select portrait, video and instagram styles.

I’ve never used the instagram look. I just use the regular photo option. When I do print the photo I will sometimes change the ratio or style at the time of printing from the printing software.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I’m with Farley! When I want square, I slide the option thingy over. How technical is that?
Oh - and Instagram automatically makes your photo square.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I posed this Q on the ScrapGals forum and someone with an iPhone said she doesn't have the same options to change the photo size/shape as I do on my Android. I would hate Instagram arbitrarily choosing what part of the image to make square for me - but it doesn't matter as I don't post there anyway. I'm going to try square photos on my phone for awhile just so I have some to scrap without having to crop them. If it's not there already I won't know what I'm missing, LOL.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

When it matters (on Instagram), I crop and save it on my phone.
I hope that works well for you Keitha. It’s good to have options.
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

My old phone was android and I loved the camera. I got an iPhone and don't like the camera. I bring my little point and shoot for pictures. You don't have a lot of options with the iPhone, except zoom, flash or square.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Ha. So instagram is what that square photo option is for? Shows how in the loop I am. I follow Nicole on Instagram, just to make sure she's not getting herself in trouble, but I've never posted there myself. I use the square option when I'm photographing a one-page layout to post here. It helps me hold the phone at the correct angle to get the shot as straight on as possible.

Other than that, I've never changed the ratio on my phone. My phone photos are terrible, but if it weren't for those, I wouldn't have anything to scrap at all.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I use my iPhone camera all the time. I love the portrait feature.
C55AD7C3-B1A0-409F-960C-739002748648.jpeg
C55AD7C3-B1A0-409F-960C-739002748648.jpeg (64.11 KiB) Viewed 831 times
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

pamcook wrote:I use my iPhone camera all the time. I love the portrait feature.
C55AD7C3-B1A0-409F-960C-739002748648.jpeg
Pam, do you have a newer (I have a 6s) phone. I've heard they improved the camera. I can't tell you how mad I was with the iPhone. I had my droid for a few years and the camera was still miles ahead of the iPhone. The only reason I switched phones was because I switched providers.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have the iPhone 8.
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

pamcook wrote:I have the iPhone 8.
I've had this phone a few years, it's time to upgrade - LOL