Weekend craziness

Monica

Weekend craziness

Post by Monica »

Trying to do a purge and reorg of the craft room and the third bedroom, which resulted in me discovering a 'lost' box of photos from Christmas 2006 Friday night. Don't laugh. This brought the cleaning to a screeching halt, as I felt compelled to get those scrapped. Nothing like procrastinating on the cleaning and reorg to inspire my muse for crafting. :lol: :lol:

I still have a large amount of ALSB pages from back in the day, so I sat down with the box of photos and a stack of pages and went to work. By Sunday late morning I had an album full of pages... 32 I think when I counted, plus two of those project life pages designed to hold 4x6 photos... all journaled and the spine marked as to contents before shelving it. I'll get pictures up sometime soonish, but that was a big accomplishment for me!

Also found the rest of the photos from Dec 2015 when my girlfriend from New Zealand visited, so am working on those this week. Those aren't on ALSB but a specific product line I bought for them, so the process is a little longer.

I may or may not have found my long-missing scrappy muse again... although I really need to finish the room I still have half torn apart too. :tomato:

Anyone else have a productive weekend?
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pugmom

Re: Weekend craziness

Post by pugmom »

That is a HUGE accomplishment, Monica. Congrats.

The scrapping slump happens to all of us. I'm so glad this helped you get over the hump.

Not a productive weekend for me. In fact, I can't even remember what I did all weekend.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I joined a local card club that meets every 3Rd Sunday afternoon. We made 5 cards to exchange and I need to step up my card skills! It was fun with about 30 people and we had 3 make and takes. One was an exploding blossom card, a frog card and someone did a cute card using dies from Ali Express. Everyone is very nice and even a couple scrapbookers in the group. Next month we are to make 10 Veterans cards to donate to American Legion. October is Halloween card exchange and November is called shoebox exchange, where you make 20 kits to include everything to make a card. You can or choose not to participate in that. It is Christmas themed. Looking gorward to more fun times there. We meet at a Fire Station and they don’t charge us.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Sounds like a blast, Deb! You'll have to share your cards with us... :D
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Yay for you Monica

Debbie, that's great the you found a group to make stuff with.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Joel's younger brother and his wife visited for the weekend. I did take a couple of photos. Does that count?

I need to make a birthday card for Mia and finish packing sometime tonight!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica that is hilarious and fabulous at the same time. Love that you got detoured and inspired by found photos. Looking forward to seeing LOs.

Debi how terrific you’ve found this fun, creative card group. Yay you! Please show us your cards.

My weekend was mainly a fun one. Spent all day Saturday being productive finishing up that Dream Tree challenge recipe box. Then that night Bob and I went to Astronomy Night for volunteers of Cosumnes River Preserve. One of my fellow volunteers shares his gigantic homemade telescope (on FB) to view the planets and stars. Saw Mercury for the first time plus Venus and Jupiter and it’s moons. Then the mosquitos arrived so Bob and I fled and stopped for a beer at a new tap room in our neighborhood. Sunday I met up with my Catch-Ups (old friends from mom/kid playgroup, turned reading group, turned hardly see each other group) for brunch. Once home friends came over and we kayaked on our little neighborhood lake. Whew! Great weekend.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Sounds like lots of crankiness went on this weekend!!

I finished what I'm giving Helen for her birthday. Made some more of the sea creatures. Put a dolphin in Helen's card. Part of her gift will be a dolphin tour. :-) Then worked on some cards. Then made those 3 layouts.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Wish I could find some photos that inspire me!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com