Sue's Sept Try To Make Something Each Day Thread

nchoney

Re: Sue's Sept Try To Make Something Each Day Thread

Post by nchoney »

Great job on all your projects so far, Sue.... I like that butterfly card... saw a Stampin' Up video with that concept but never tried it ... yet... LOL

my fave is the mushroom photo... we get them in fairy rings down here after a good rain... I'll just have to remember fairies the next time I scrap the photos :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

So nice to see you again, Sue! and Pugsley, too! I really like that quote about a dog's tail.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Sue! As much as I love your Pug avatar, I love the photo of you and it’s so nice to see YOU! Terrific LO also of the Old Man. Adorable.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Sept. 20 and 21:

For the last two days I have been sorting, categorizing and organizing my die cuts. I figured if I was going to be receiving 110 new die cuts, I needed a new system for storing them. The old one just wasn't working well. So now I have them in Avery Elle stamp and die storage envelopes, divided into categories and sub-categories and standing up in a nice basket where they are within reach.

I did manage to make a couple of simple cards so that I don't get behind again.
WP_20180921_13_19_59_Rich.jpg
WP_20180921_13_19_59_Rich.jpg (77.21 KiB) Viewed 212 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Sue, first your cards are wonderful and that sympathy card is lovely. Second, brilliant way to store die cuts and how timely! Thanks for this idea since we all will be needing a way to house the fun incoming die cuts.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Sept. 22:

Our mail carrier left a note in the box yesterday that after 20 years with the post office, she is retiring on the 28th of this month. Of course I had to make her a card! I was torn between doing something flowery and feminine or going more Colorado-ish.

Well, I just happened to have a new paper pad that I received earlier this week (Okey Dokey by DCWV) and it has these really cute houses, so...….I went with the Colorado theme. I cut the houses from the printed paper, cut the tiny mailboxes, the trees and the landscape background on the Silhouette and found the USPS truck on the internet. I think I'll tuck a little gift card inside.
retirement card.jpg
retirement card.jpg (82.94 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That is the best card a retired postal worker could ever receive! You nailed it.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

OMGosh! Sue this is just jaw-dropping-fabulous not to mention incredibly clever. She will be so thrilled to receive this. It couldn’t be more perfect.

I wish my mail carrier had said something. He’s been coming to our house for at least 20 years and just disappeared. We all miss him.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Thank you, ladies.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Sept. 23:

Today is my youngest son's 28th birthday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to make his card :lol:
He wants to buy something for his computer, so we are giving him cash and, of course, Pinterest was the go to for clever ways to gift money.

I thought it was going to be hard to come up with something to make every day, but it has been easier than I thought. (Although, I won't be keeping up this pace next month :D ). I also have some scrapbook pages in the works, so I should have no problem making the goal. I feel like I missed a day or two, and if I did, I'm going to try to make those up, too.
Ty's bday card.jpg
Ty's bday card.jpg (72.23 KiB) Viewed 191 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They’re both perfect!
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Love that idea! But are you mailing it? I’d be scared to mail that in case it gets pilfered.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Debbie J wrote:Love that idea! But are you mailing it? I’d be scared to mail that in case it gets pilfered.
Thank you all. No, Debbie, no mail. It will be given to him in person. Funny thing... when I showed it to my husband, he didn't even notice the cash. He said "that's nice". I said "do you get it?" Answer: "No". So I had to point it out to him. I thought it was pretty obvious, but, we'll see.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Sue this couldn’t be better! He will love your clever card as much as the gift itself. Just don’t let him light the candles! :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Sept. 24:

Today I've been working on Halloween cards for the swap. I won't show the whole thing, but here's a little peek.
halloween swap.jpg
halloween swap.jpg (52 KiB) Viewed 174 times