Florence

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Florence

Post by pamcook »

Cheryl(s), Pam, Debi, I hope you're keeping an eye on this storm. I'm doing my best to find that happy medium between ignoring it and scaring myself silly.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Re: Florence

Post by nchoney »

I'll be busy this weekend boxing things up again... storms suck!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'd just appreciate some rain.

On a happy note, Chris is spending the weekend with us. He, Adam and George are going dog shopping tomorrow. I'll be baking a cake. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Take pictures!!!
Pam Cook #48
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Just back from the OBX where we had the most beautiful weather. As we left Okracoke, we started hearing about Florence. Or could it be we weren't tuned into the news? Kurt's out for extra gas today. Stay safe everyone - looks like we won't miss this one :cry:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

So, adding Christy & Beki to the prayer list.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm too old for this shrimps..... just quoting :-)

Almost have everything in the house packed up and up high. They've ordered mandatory evacuation of residents and visitors to Hatteras Island... so... officially, I'm not here.

Our Salvo office is apparently going to be open tomorrow, so I'll go to rest (I mean work) there for the day. I'm exhausted right now... so I relish the break and being able to sit for a while.

Washing some more laundry - towels, blankets, etc. and getting them packed up high (hopefully high enough) so that I'll have dry things once Florence has gone past. Not making the mistake I made during Arthur and forgetting a couple baskets of clean laundry that were sitting on the floor... dumb dumb dumb... LOL

I'll move to the fire station on Wednesday... at least for starting Wednesday night.. since this should hit the coast Thursday morning. Making that move as late as possible since Chevie doesn't play well with others... this will be a learning experience for her, for sure.

Anyway.... back to packing and washing. I'm packing inks and cardstock and stencils... I'll have a ton of card fronts ready to roll after being holed up at the fire station through this. LOL

Also packing the laptop and tablets... so as long as we have internet service, I'll be online.... and will keep you all posted.

Prayers, definitely, for everyone south and west of me.... it may get pretty rough in a few days. You all stay safe!!

Hugs!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Everyone, please stay in touch. I’m praying the cell towers around here don’t go down.
Frantically rescheduling cases while trying to reassure myself we’ve done as much as we can.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I’ve got the news on with the sound off. I keep seeing the weather map and Florence’s path. Please all of you on the coast be safe.

You are all in my thoughts.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

Goodness - I'll be thinking of you all! Looks like a big one.
Glad you are packing up so well Debi - and your poor pup!

When I first say the subject as Florence I thought of Rachelle. I haven't watched the news all weekend so I'm out of the loop.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I, too, have been out of the loop. Please, all of you in the path of this monster storm keep in touch when you can. Stay safe.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Checking in to see if my NC/SC/VA friends are getting prepared. I've been busy prepping and getting ready. Can't do much about the beach house. Left it as secure as I could.

Water, bread, etc are in short supply here in Wake County. Glad I got mine early. Gas is getting in shortage mode.

Everyone prepare the best you can and evacuate if you're in that evac zone. Prays of safety for all of us. We've been through it more than once and know what's ahead. Be safe and check in when you can.

Love ya Sisters!
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Be safe everyone... :happy94:

I'll be thinking of all of you in the path of Mother Nature's Wrath.

Here in Ohio we have been very rainy for days...I have no room to complain.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We've checked the generator it's running fine, so we'll have power and water, and can cook since we're gas. Other than that, I hope that the worst of it for us is sitting here being bored because the cable is out. My cousin told me that we're supposed to get 17" of rain. WTH?? I haven't heard that, but I did miss the 7:30 update.

I did hear that Jim Cantore is at the OBX. :-o
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Be safe, everyone!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin