Florence

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
katymjo

Re: Florence

Post by katymjo »

Thinking of you in the path of the hurricane, stay safe!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

My niece is on way to her Moms with her son and 4 dogs. Schools are closed so she left.
She lives just out side of marine base in NC.

My son in Wake Forest is staying. He is by Raleigh.

Stay safe everyone
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Ok, I've been watching the weather channel and it looks like all of you in the Carolinas, whether you are on the coast or inland, need to be prepared for A LOT of rain. Please be safe. Debi and Cheryl, I hope you have both evacuated by now. I can't even imagine going through something like this.

Please check in when you can. :happy94:
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pugmom wrote:Ok, I've been watching the weather channel and it looks like all of you in the Carolinas, whether you are on the coast or inland, need to be prepared for A LOT of rain. Please be safe. Debi and Cheryl, I hope you have both evacuated by now. I can't even imagine going through something like this.

Please check in when you can. :happy94:

Ditto!

I’m so anxious watching the progress of Florence. Do be careful everyone, please.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Unless trees fall on our house, we should be safe. We have a generator now. I just made 2 pasta meals and cooked some mixed grains and a pot of rice. My pantry is full of beans and tomatoes and my fridge is well stocked with fruits and veggies. We won’t go hungry! We got a water delivery on Monday. Laundry is caught up and I have a big bag of cat food. Joel says we have plenty of batteries and I know where my phone charger is to use in the car. I have plenty of printed photos and adhesive. My candle drawer is stocked. Am I forgetting something? Probably! Oh - bought two new chains for the chainsaw (lots of fuel). Gas tanks are full and we have enough cash if we have to bug out.

I spoke with Debi tonight. She going to bug-in at the fire station with Mike.

Has anyone heard from Cheryl Miller?

ETA - I’m on a jury this week. Can you believe it? I hope they wrap it up tomorrow.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Sounds like you're in good shape, Pam. I know this isn't Debi's first rodeo, but I sure wish they would get out of Dodge.
Cheryl is most likely (hopefully) on the road. I hope she checks in at some point.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Paula

Post by Paula »

I have been thinking about all of you on the east.coast! Hoping the storm weakens, and everyone stays safe. I know you have been through this before, but please be prepared!
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Debi, what kind of a storm surge does it take to reach your house? I really hope you don't have to go thru this again.
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I saw some video today from Rodanthe and the water was washing over the road near the new bridge. Parts of several beaches further south are seeing some incoming surf, too. This storm is really pushing the water hard.

We went grocery shopping today. No bread or water in town, and people are complaining because the beanie beanies are already sold out. :lol: Made a huge pot of spaghetti, have salad fixings, sandwich items, got a roast, potatoes and carrots to cook in the slow cooker. Lots of food in the pantry and freezers. Filling up the gas containers tomorrow and moving vehicles and tractors from under the trees. Still have a few items on the deck to move inside the "dog house." Checked out the generator and we're "go" with it. We'll have lights, water (deep well), food - we cook with gas, hot water - ditto on the gas. We're as good as it's going to get. Our generator won't run the AC, but at least we can see to go to the bathroom, flush, and then wash our hands. :lol: Our house is on the highest point of our property, and is about 6' higher than our driveway. I'm not worried about flooding - just the dratted trees close to the house. I'm planning my own chainsaw massacre this winter to get rid of some of them. ;) I may go into the firewood business before I'm finished with it.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

We have enough batteries, flashlights and lanterns to light half the neighborhood.

Steve can't find anymore Poptarts much to his dismay, though me and Ry have emphatically stated WE ARE NOT EATING THEM.

Filled water bottles and freezing them as we speak. The shift South overnight has upped our predicted rain totals and now they are worrying more about tornado spin offs.

Ry would just like school to be cancelled because. "that would be awesome!" :roll:

Shai & Trent moved to Apex last weekend, with the shift I am starting to breathe easier about them.
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

The last I heard from Cheryl was that she was planning to stay. With the new shift closer to her she may have changed her mind. Hope she can check in.

We're as prepared as we can be at this point. Plenty of food, water, flashlights and batteries. I've moved everything in the yard that I can in hopes we have no flying missles. With the shift more south, our rainfall projections is decreasing. However, you never know for sure until it makes landfall.

Waiting is so stressful. Praying for all of us in the path. Stay safe friends and let us know how you're doing whenever you can.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Heard from Beki & Cheryl M and they’re good. Will post as I hear from folks.
Cheryl M said to say she loves us all.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Forgot to add that my "easy birth" child, TJ, was sent to Wilmington yesterday on an emergency basis to help with the evacuation process. I hope they let him get back home before it gets worse. :( We'll probably be adding his fiancé, her 3 cats and Zeus to our household for the duration.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Be safe, you all! I'm heading on vacation today but will check in as I can to see how everyone is doing. :happy94:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Trixie wrote:Debi, what kind of a storm surge does it take to reach your house? I really hope you don't have to go thru this again.
I thinks she’s mentioned that it’s water from the Sound that floods them. Intesting question!
Pam Cook #48