Weekend plans?

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

Weekend plans?

Post by Monica »

My weekend looks to be a clean up of the disaster that was my craft space. :lol: My Cuttlebug finally decided that it was done, so I bought a Bigshot and need to find enough space to keep it handy. That thing has a much bigger footprint!

Anyone else care to chime in with their plans?
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Re: Weekend plans?

Post by pamcook »

Monica wrote:My weekend looks to be a clean up of the disaster that was my craft space. :lol: My Cuttlebug finally decided that it was done, so I bought a Bigshot and need to find enough space to keep it handy. That thing has a much bigger footprint!

Anyone else care to chime in with their plans?
My friend Lisa is coming over tonight to scrapbook. Tomorrow is farmer’s market and grocery shopping. Sunday we plan to meet up with some friends. We’re expecting rain tomorrow but the blue skies!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Chris is here today and tomorrow packing up his furniture (and some of mine) for the move into his apartment. I'm going through the kitchen to see what I can unload, er, let him have from the over-stock of gadgets, coffee cups, etc.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I'm in St Paul, MN visiting son and family. Oliver and Arlo are very entertaining. :lol:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pat-czap wrote:I'm in St Paul, MN visiting son and family. Oliver and Arlo are very entertaining. :lol:
Take lots of photos! We want to see!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pat-czap wrote:I'm in St Paul, MN visiting son and family. Oliver and Arlo are very entertaining. :lol:
Oh Pat! Have the best time!
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Lots of plans going on! Everyone take pictures to share! yeah, yeah.... me too. :lol:
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Let's see for the weekend-brush down all the spider webs and bugs on the outside of the house, wash the windows and exterminate any stink bugs who think they are spending the Winter inside the window frames at our house. Then wash the sap off the railings and decks, maybe even stain the railings and lattice if we are really keen. And keep saying to myself, "I love living in the woods, I love living in the woods, I love ..."

Or I could finish my Fall swap cards

...living in the woods, all those colorful leaves we haven't seen yet...
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

mpizzazz wrote:Let's see for the weekend-brush down all the spider webs and bugs on the outside of the house, wash the windows and exterminate any stink bugs who think they are spending the Winter inside the window frames at our house. Then wash the sap off the railings and decks, maybe even stain the railings and lattice if we are really keen. And keep saying to myself, "I love living in the woods, I love living in the woods, I love ..."

Or I could finish my Fall swap cards

...living in the woods, all those colorful leaves we haven't seen yet...
Leave the spider webs and bugs - you can always say they're Halloween decorations! (That's my excuse, anyway. :lol: )
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pat have fun with Arlo and Oliver! I imagine in my head how gorgeous it must be in the eastern regions and the colors you are all enjoying. It’s cold in the morning (43) but warms up to 80! My weekend began this morning with an early start before sunrise to CRP (Cosumnes River Preserve) for some sunset photos and watching/photographing the morning fly-in of Sandhill Cranes, Canada and Greater White-Fronted Geese, numerous species of duck and shorebirds. The dawn chorus is a great way to start the day. Then off to my aquafit class, haircut, food shopping and home. :sleep:

Tomorrow some clean up and hopefully some fall card making. Sunday getting together with friends at one’s ranch for some target practice at their private range.

I have to share that tonight my son is going to be on stage at an improv club. No, he didn’t want us there. There’s probably a few girls in the group, LOL. He’s never done this but is standing in for a friend who has “survived” the last 4 Fridays (it’s like Survivor) but had to work this evening. Oh if I could be a fly on the wall. But we’ll hear all about it eventually.

Happy Weekend Friends!
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Yesterday I attended an art journaling workshop with a friend who is totally new to both it and any kind of paper-crafting; I'm curious to hear now that she's had a chance to sleep on it what her thoughts are as I'm hoping it's something we can do together. I opted to pay homage to the glorious fall colours I've been enjoying this year. I rubbed Gelatos over a gesso'd page, scraped some more gesso on top and adhered my dyed tissue paper leaves. The border is heat embossed in Tarnished Gold to match the veins in the leaves.
Bonus: I met a fellow paper-crafter, card-maker and art journaler who lives but 45 minutes away and we exchanged contact info with the idea of getting together. I'm hoping she'll join us here as well.
Attachments
workshop page Oct 20_r.jpg
workshop page Oct 20_r.jpg (215.96 KiB) Viewed 393 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

LOVE this! So happy for you that you enjoyed this class and met like-minded artists. Your leaves are beautiful and perfect for this journal page.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Gorgeous journal page, Keitha!

Well, I'm partway through the clean and purge, but got sidetracked last night to make Thanksgiving tags for dinner, and today I took part in the monthly Pokemon Community Days event and walked just under two and a half miles during the three hour event. Perfect fall day for walking!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Keitha - That's gorgeous!

I tossed out everything that I had planned for the ATCs and started over again. :lol: Chris left early this morning and I managed to pack up another box for him before he left. ;)
Pam P.

nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Yesterday Peggy and I went to the Scrap & Stamp Art Tour up in Hampton. Didn't spend as much as last year. Found some new stamp companies. I'll post photos tomorrow evening. :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com