What would you do????

wannabescrappin

What would you do????

Post by wannabescrappin »

Okay, everyone at work is talking about the Billion Dollar lottery. And yes, I bought a ticket on the way home from work yesterday! So who else caved into the temptation, and what would you do with ALL of that money? :lol:
:anyone:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
pamcook

Re: What would you do????

Post by pamcook »

wannabescrappin wrote:Okay, everyone at work is talking about the Billion Dollar lottery. And yes, I bought a ticket on the way home from work yesterday! So who else caved into the temptation, and what would you do with ALL of that money? :lol:
Of course I did! Now I need to buy another for the next drawing!

I would buy that little “resort” in WA I’ve had my eye on and make it into a scrapbook retreat for my PAO sisters. You’d only need to worry about getting there. Complimentary meals and lodging!
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

I wonder if DH bought a ticket. I never do, although I do fantasize about what I'd do if I did.

Let's see... firstly, pay off our debts. Then make sure my nieces and nephew are set for funds through college. Pay off house & car loans for my mom and sister, and my SIL and BIL. Buy a little place for my MIL and cover all expenses for yard work and maintenance. Move my brother and nieces back to this side of the country and buy him a house wherever he wants to live. Buy my folks' old place in Colville from the people who have it and fix it back up... move my brother there if he wants. Have a huge family reunion somewhere and cover all expenses. ;) Then find a nice place somewhere in this state with lots of wooded areas, a fishing spot, and enough open field for an airplane runway for DH, and open that crafting retreat like Pam suggested. First visitors would be our PAO family from all over, flown in for the occasion. After that... save some in the bank for a rainy day?
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

My first gut reaction is to not tell a soul I won. I mean that from a security standpoint. But then the media wouldn’t let that happen.

So like Monica pay off all debts. Make sure my son, step-daughter, grandkids and niece (brother’s daughter) are well-fixed for their future needs as well as my brother and SIL. Remodel my home from top to bottom. Buy a small home for me and Bob on the North Coast for monthly getaways. Go on a bird safari...

But in reality, I have a fantastic life as it is. I’m not rolling in $$$ but I have a great life and somehow seeing it all change because of a half billion dollars...hmmmm...I don’t know.

Although...being on HGTV’s “My Lottery Dream Home” show...that could be fun. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

1. Get an unlisted phone number.
2. Build a huge fence around the property.
3. Buy a house on the lake, build a huge fence around it and move. :lol:
4. Provide all of the instruments that the local HS band needs, as well as replace their equipment trailers, set up a travel account so they don't have to worry about getting from point A to point B, and set up a separate account so all of their fund raising efforts pay 100% for all students to attend summer band camp. Funding is terrible.
5. Endow a scholarship for 1 band/music student per year to have a free ride for their Music degree - all 4 years - at UNC-P. Their music program is excellent.
6. Provide enough funding so the church that we've attended off and on can complete all of their building projects as well as their community outreach. They do wonderful work for the youth in the county.
7. Pay off Chris' college loans and fund him a start in the wonderful world of business. And give him this house. :twisted:
8. Buy that $2,000 Boxer pup that I want but refuse to consider buying because I'd be afraid to let him out to pee by himself at that price. :-o

Other than that, darned if I know. :wtf:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

We've had this conversation so many times even when it is only a paltry $300-400 million so we have a plan in place. Luckily we live in a state where you can remain anonymous-until you go to turn in your ticket.

You all have such noble plans, we just want better wine and first class tickets across the Pacific. Oh, and I want a personal shopper for clothes! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I can't even imagine - but I've always said that St. Jude's Children's Hospital and Shriners Hospital would be first on my giving list. Next I'd make sure that all my children, my brothers and their children would have their houses paid off!! After that I'm open to anything
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

fuzzylover wrote:I can't even imagine - but I've always said that St. Jude's Children's Hospital and Shriners Hospital would be first on my giving list. Next I'd make sure that all my children, my brothers and their children would have their houses paid off!! After that I'm open to anything

A definite YES on St. Jude's. That was my birthday fundraiser.
Pam P.

Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:
wannabescrappin wrote:Okay, everyone at work is talking about the Billion Dollar lottery. And yes, I bought a ticket on the way home from work yesterday! So who else caved into the temptation, and what would you do with ALL of that money? :lol:
Of course I did! Now I need to buy another for the next drawing!

I would buy that little “resort” in WA I’ve had my eye on and make it into a scrapbook retreat for my PAO sisters. You’d only need to worry about getting there. Complimentary meals and lodging!
Okay, I want Pam to win!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

1. Get a safety deposit box
2. Contact my lawyer
3. Contract my financial advisor
4. Contact my accountant
5. Collect money through a trust account and remain anonymous
6. Set grandkids and kids up for life
7. Travel nonstop
8. Donate a crap load of it
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I'm bored at work, so I'll play along. I don't buy lottery tickets, but like many of you, I fantasize plenty about what I'd do with the money. I have no idea what the laws are in Missouri, but I'd stay anonymous if I could. I wouldn't even want to tell our families until a whole lot of business got solidly ironed out.

1. Obviously I'd quit work, but probably a leave of absence first, so as not to raise suspicion.
2. Pay off all debts.
3. Get new cars for everyone, and a truck to tow new toys with.
4. Buy property and start planning a new house, considerably smaller than what I have now, but with lots of outbuildings. It would need to be a large chunk of property not in a subdivision, where we can put a 5 car garage, a wood shop, an art studio, an enclosed observatory, and a nice pool house for the large/deep pool. There would also be a guest house for when the kids come to stay. I'd also want to be able to store the RV/Bus that I'd buy, and Rob's gonna want a boat.
5. Fix up my current house so it can be sold. It needs SO much work, both inside and out.
6. Bestow some money on Rob's and my siblings and parents. With 400M, I could probably be pretty content giving them each $1M.
7. Set up some financial vehicle for us to live comfortably off of interest (pay all of our taxes, maintain our property, and travel several times a year) for at least 50 years.
8. Once all of that is established and running, then the charitable giving could commence. It would definitely be part of the overall plan, but I'm pretty selfish at my core, and would want to take care of my own family first. If this all happened right now, I'd buy the band three new trailers, and a fleet of pick-ups to pull them with. I'd buy them new uniforms, and then set up some sort of annuity for them. I like Pam's idea of a perpetual scholarship.

Past that point, I'd have to think about it. I'd probably set up some other fund that sits there an earns interest and pays out some annual amount for my kids to donate to wherever they want. Along with other planned bills, I'm pretty sure I'd have to allocate enough to keep an accountant on staff, just to make certain we don't do anything to screw it all up! LOL.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'd retire... move somewhere... anywhere where they don't have named storms.... and set up in a house with tons of scrapbooking room. Maybe set up a crafting retreat center and host a variety of retreats through the year. :-)

I'm sure I'd donate a portion of it... quite possibly to the SPCA ... or to the one here in our county where we adopted Chevie.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Alright, who was in Simpsonville, SC to nab that winning ticket?
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I grew up in SC and don't even have a clue where Simpsonville is located. :lol:
Pam P.

ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

My sister lives in Simpsonville...alas she was not the winner (or so she says) :D