Holiday Woes and Idiocy

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Keitha

Re: Holiday Woes and Idiocy

Post by Keitha »

I am jealous of those who have started decorating already; I won't even get home until December 8. My house looks like a tornado went through, but at that point I'll just be shoving stuff away wherever to make room for some decorations. We're hosting a couple of family functions this year so the decorating effort will be worth it, and I'm blessed with a son-in-law and grandsons who will haul my pre-lit tree in from the garage and assemble it for me - I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's in working order. Every year I tell myself I'll weed out some ornaments because since downsizing from my loft they don't all fit - and every year I end up seeing something else I just can't resist buying.

The red sofa sounds lovely. I've a hankering for teal velvet and suspect I'll have to custom order what I want.

Pam C, sending prayers that Joel's surgery and recovery go well.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Teal velvet sofa...that sounds so luxurious. I want one too.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Keitha.... there's always room for 1 more ornament!! :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

My cold is better today so I dragged myself out to find that tree. Success (I hope) at Lowe’s. However, I was hoping for a pre-lit tree with colored lights. They don’t seem to exist unless I wanted a 3 foot tree or a 10 foot one. This one is 7.5’. Anyway I hope by this weekend to have it up with photos.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

When I want colored I just add more lights. Too lazy this year so everything's white.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

MY tree, when and if I get it out of the
attic has a switch to choose white lights
or multi-colors in 3 different modes: steady,
blinking and traveling
I usually have it on steady white, I don't want
to get dizzy watching the tree
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

It’s still in the box but it does have the ability to be dim or be brighter and a timer to shut it off. Though I would never depend on that. They are LED lights so there aren’t any dangling wires or multiple plugs. The center poles that connect the 3 tiers are the electrical plugs. That appealed to me. Once I stuff it with my load of ornaments it will look colorful enough I think.
FARLEY in Sacramento
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Red couch!! WOW!! And I thought I was adventurous when I painted one wall in the living room RED!

I am totally finished with that LIE (one burns out the rest stay lit) They LIE, LIE, LIE. OK, with that rant over I Just toss the set when they go out. I don't have a pre-lit tree for that reason, it's OLD, very OLD. I don't think they even sell them non pre-lit now. With that said, I love to decorate for Christmas - lights, garland, bells. Every window in the house has lights on and around it, inside and out. I once had 3 Christmas trees in the house (I don't do that anymore). I'm glad my husband loves decorating too and then no one can complain about the December electric bill. The only thing I hate is taking it all down in January. And I do leave it all up until the 10th (family tradition)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

One year I was very lazy and late about putting away the outdoor decorations. That was when I had a herd of lighted reindeer and put blue lights around them to mimic a snow scene. We had a late January snow so Chris and I went outside and plugged them in so we could see how they looked in the snow. :lol: Left them on until the snow melted a week later.

Notice I don't talk about the lights I left around the eaves until a hurricane took them down for me. :-o
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com