the scrap space black hole

Keitha

the scrap space black hole

Post by Keitha »

Pam recently mentioned the black hole in her scrap area; it seems I have one also. Today I was working with some teeny, tiny cling stamps which were all on my desk one second - then the next second one was missing. I've searched all over for it without success; the fact that it's clear doesn't help any. Of course it's a stamp I've owned for well over a decade and never used before - but because I wanted to use it today, I'm really ticked that it's gone AWOL. Hopefully it will tire of the 'hide and seek' game now that I refuse to play anymore, and reveal itself.
The other thing I cannot for the life of me find are those little pipettes that I bought a year or so ago. I'm sure I put them in some clever place - but don't ask me now where that is. A couple times in recent months I've wanted them for something, but have no. clue. where I would have put them. I always unpack my purchases and put them away, so this is truly a case of me not remembering where I stored them. You'd think I'd learn not to buy stuff when I'm not here in the Glitter Grotto to play with my stuff, but apparently I haven't learned.
nchoney

Re: the scrap space black hole

Post by nchoney »

I've got a huge black hole.... or... maybe today it's being a huge volcano. I'm prepping to FINISH the Arizona scrapbooks (yes... already have 2 1/2 finished and more to go). I've been digging through everything in the totes and piles and shelves of things in my scrap room and another room of the house where things were stored up high. Holy cow... there's a ton of stuff I've collected for that pile of photos... and of course, now I need to dig through all the photos and figure out what else I need to gather to get this finished. I'm going to a 4-day scrap retreat in February and my goal is to get these pages finished!! All of 'em!! We'll see how that goes. Now... back to the volcano that keeps spewing out Arizona-themed things! LOL

Hope you find your stamp and pipettes soon!! :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Most of the time when I loose a stamp it ends up being right in front of where I'm sitting. Takes forever to find. Good luck
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha as much as I love my clear stamps I lose them briefly while working with them. One thing that has helped me (HA!) is the Tim glass craft matte. If I have a bunch of clear stamps to work with I stick them to the matte or a large spare acyrlic handle. But still I lose them. I finally got around to using a lovely Concord and 9th stamp and die set of a skeleton leaf with small leaves. That tiny little leaf die vanished. So sad. At least I can fussy cut it easily. But...dang that black hole.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

That black hole is evil, isn't it? I know exactly what you mean about losing things About the only thing I've not lost is my sacred pair of lefty scissors, mainly because I'm OCD about sticking them back in the same spot every time I use them. Now, my pair of small scissors for fussy-cutting? I've been trying to find them for two months! :tomato:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Doilies, I’ve been looking for them! Finally went a bought some. I bet I find them soon.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I had lost a star stamp for over two years and found it last month. For clear stamps, it often takes a flashlight - it creates a shadow.
I don’t know what it’s going to take for me to find my ranger embossing tool. Or for Joe to find one of his hand guns he put away for safe keeping before surgery. So frustrating!
Pam Cook #48
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

troublesmom wrote:Most of the time when I loose a stamp it ends up being right in front of where I'm sitting. Takes forever to find. Good luck
I have the same thing happen all the time. I think it's a trick, they hide and when they know you are truly frustrated, they pop right back again. This happens mostly when I have cut out all the letters for a title, I put them out all in a row the way I want to put them on the page, and suddenly one letter goes missing. Those usually reappear right after I have cut out the replacement letter
Debbie J

Re: the scrap space black holes my kids know where my

Post by Debbie J »

After Rod passed away I was getting his clothes ready to donate. He had a pair of slippers that slid inside each other and then inside a zippered pouch. I don’t know what made me look inside but in one of the slippers was 8 one hundred bills! After I discovered that I looked in every single pocket, etc. so that was his safe hiding place. Tell Joel to look in his slippers! I was surprised. I should let my kids know where my safe hiding place is. I’m sure he was saving it for parts for one of his project cars.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Debbie J wrote:After Rod passed away I was getting his clothes ready to donate. He had a pair of slippers that slid inside each other and then inside a zippered pouch. I don’t know what made me look inside but in one of the slippers was 8 one hundred bills! After I discovered that I looked in every single pocket, etc. so that was his safe hiding place. Tell Joel to look in his slippers! I was surprised. I should let my kids know where my safe hiding place is. I’m sure he was saving it for parts for one of his project cars.
Good you caught that - someone would have been VERY happy with that donation
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie J wrote:After Rod passed away I was getting his clothes ready to donate. He had a pair of slippers that slid inside each other and then inside a zippered pouch. I don’t know what made me look inside but in one of the slippers was 8 one hundred bills! After I discovered that I looked in every single pocket, etc. so that was his safe hiding place. Tell Joel to look in his slippers! I was surprised. I should let my kids know where my safe hiding place is. I’m sure he was saving it for parts for one of his project cars.
Not in his slippers. I told him he’s going to wake up in the middle of the night soon and remember.

Good catch, Debbie!
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wow Debbie! Good thing you looked there.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Good catch on the slippers! :)

The latest thing to find the black hole on my desk are the plates for the sidekick. They are small and when I needed them for the ATC's I had them one minute and they were gone the next. I ended up making an order to Stampers Anonymous for a spare set and got a few other things ( :lol: ) and had the new set on my desk in a few days. I figured at worst it wasn't a bad idea to have a backup.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I have a huge black hole. Before packing everything up for the flooring installation I knew where it all was. Now I can't find a thing.

Sometimes those pesky clear stamps attach to other things on your desk. I found one several months after I lost it stuck to the packaging for another set of stamps.

Now if I could only find that thin red blouse that I stuck in here to cut up for a project I had in mind. :wtf:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

pamcook wrote:. Or for Joe to find one of his hand guns he put away for safe keeping before surgery. So frustrating!

Well, now, that's a story of a different color,
hope he soon remembers where he put it
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn