Sneak Peeks!

Keitha

Sneak Peeks!

Post by Keitha »

I made the mistake of checking out some of the sneak peeks for the new lines last night, and found more I'm interested in than I thought I would. The now-familiar palette of pink/aqua/yellow and its variations mostly don't appeal to me at all; while the papers are pretty I just don't have the right photos to go along with them. But I did see a few things I'll probably end up buying:
Bo-Bunny Sweet Clementine, with its bold pink/orange/green colours.
Pinkfresh Studios Out and About, a modern palette for a travel line with nice, bright colours. And I still love puffy stickers.
PhotoPlay's Free Bird is a pretty generic line that's not too feminine.
Simple Stories' Heart line has a nice navy/aqua/grey/soft yellow palette and nice graphics that appeal to me.
Echo Park Baseball - at our house it all baseball, all the time.
WeRMemoryKeepers have come out with a bigger jig; I'm still intrigued with the idea of making wire words.
And in addition to those lines, there are many other lines with 1 or 2 papers I could see incorporating into my current albums.
mpizzazz

Re: Sneak Peeks!

Post by mpizzazz »

Is pink/aqua/yellow still a thing? This must be the longest color trend in the last two decades! I'd boycott that if I was buying papers. Well, I think I never even got into it when it started. But I"m so glad that people point this out to me so I can avoid it-again! :lol: ;) :shock: :-o
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha, I love that PhotoPlay collection.
Simple Stories has a really pretty travel theme collection and one with something-farmhouse or farmhouse-something in the name. It has soft greens as one of the colors.
Trying to not look but that’s not going well!
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Nothing that really jazzes me, to be honest, but I'm glad you found some cool stuff, Keitha!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

mpizzazz wrote:Is pink/aqua/yellow still a thing? This must be the longest color trend in the last two decades! I'd boycott that if I was buying papers. Well, I think I never even got into it when it started. But I"m so glad that people point this out to me so I can avoid it-again! :lol: ;) :shock: :-o
So far I think the grunge trend still holds top spot for longest-lasting, but the pink/aqua/yellow thing must be getting close. Good thing I'm not a fan of yellow or I'd own enough paper for several lifetimes, if I don't already LOL. In fairness to the manufacturers I suppose they're mostly doing something a bit different, but I have enough paper to convince myself that if I'm not drawn in at first glance I don't delve any further. The reality is if I look closely at any of the lines I can probably find at least 1 or 2 papers that I could see myself using; of course that's a world away from instantly loving it.
I see there's now a 4th generation of Simple Stories' Say Cheese, the red/black/yellow/aqua Disney-themed line. One of my least-favourite colour schemes even with the inclusion of aqua; but even if I loved it I'd be tired of it by now. I sure wish someone would come out with a colourful Disney line; I get that those are Mickey colours, but I don't think I've been to a more colourful spot than Disney World. Sure glad I did my multi-book Disney album before it made its appearance.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm tired of "cutesy" and pink, yellow, aqua and grunge and florals. Llamas, cacti and bicycles I don't need, don't want. As for the Disney? Nope. Nope. Nope.

Surely someone can come up with something else??
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pbp908 wrote:I'm tired of "cutesy" and pink, yellow, aqua and grunge and florals. Llamas, cacti and bicycles I don't need, don't want. As for the Disney? Nope. Nope. Nope.
Surely someone can come up with something else??
I've noticed a few geometric shapes recently: the odd chevron, harlequin pattern or hexagon. I wouldn't mind seeing more of them, although I'm not sure a return to the stark geometrics of the early 2000's is what I want.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha, I think Shimelle’s last two lines are about as close to “colorful Disney” as anyone has done. That Simple Stories color wave works for precious few photos IMHO.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:Keitha, I think Shimelle’s last two lines are about as close to “colorful Disney” as anyone has done. That Simple Stories color wave works for precious few photos IMHO.
Pam, I think you're right about Shimelle. I tend to steer clear of her lines as I find her icons/images a bit too cute for my taste, but if I had Disney photos to scrap that would be the place to start.
I just came across Scrapbook Customs' new (to me anyway) National Parks Collection, which has a watercolor vibe. I'm sure I'll be ordering a few pieces of that for my various travels.
Monica

Post by Monica »

There's a company from Italy I've been seeing recently, called Ciao Bella. They've got some great stuff, although finding it here in the US can be challenging. So far Blue Moon Scrapbooking and The Rubber Buggy (online presence of an Oregon store) are where I've seen it, but I haven't actually looked for it at others either. I love their Da Vinci line! And Farley... they have a coffee themed one too...
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Uh oh.... just found the Ciao Bella papers here.... http://www.therubberbuggy.com/ciao-bella-papers/

I'm currently drooling over the Under the Ocean set... gorgeous prints!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Told you they were cool! :lol:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I like Loving the Rain with the pop of color. Go figure. You'd think I want nothing to do with rain. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:I like Loving the Rain with the pop of color. Go figure. You'd think I want nothing to do with rain. :lol:
:lol: Yeah, I like that one too. The most interesting paper lines I'm seeing aren't US manufacturers, go figure. I swear there's a competition among US companies to see who can get the most people to buy a slightly altered version of the exact same stuff. Over and over and over again.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Monica wrote:The most interesting paper lines I'm seeing aren't US manufacturers, go figure. I swear there's a competition among US companies to see who can get the most people to buy a slightly altered version of the exact same stuff. Over and over and over again.
Yeah, the US is lagging behind the rest of the world in many many ways!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com