My Monthly Hero Feb 2019

What clubs do you belong to, what do they offer, would you recommend or beware...
Monica

My Monthly Hero Feb 2019

Post by Monica »

So... this month is Art Deco. Which I love. Not only the main kit, but they've got a die that does music notes all over the front of a card! Check it out here: https://heroarts.com/collections/my-monthly-hero. And yes, I'm totally enabling... :tomato: :lol: :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Re: My Monthly Hero Feb 2019

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:So... this month is Art Deco. Which I love. Not only the main kit, but they've got a die that does music notes all over the front of a card! Check it out here: https://heroarts.com/collections/my-monthly-hero. And yes, I'm totally enabling... :tomato: :lol: :lol:

OMG! I am so mad at you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those cover plate dies! And the background stamps! And I love the dog set. Really I love the extras more than the actual set with the exception of the cover plates. I don’t dare...or do I?
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

:lol: Don't ask me.... bought the main kit because I wanted that die and stencil, bought the music die, another stencil, and one of the background stamps. And then I came here to enable you! :tomato: :lol: :lol:

I have a set of Art Deco papers at home that I rediscovered, so with the Hero Arts kit I'll have enough to do a slew of cards.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote::lol: Don't ask me.... bought the main kit because I wanted that die and stencil, bought the music die, another stencil, and one of the background stamps. And then I came here to enable you! :tomato: :lol: :lol:

I have a set of Art Deco papers at home that I rediscovered, so with the Hero Arts kit I'll have enough to do a slew of cards.

:lol: I can’t wait to see what you do with those gorgeous dies and stencil. I love the look of Art Deco and HA really nailed it with this month’s assortment and kit. (I’m not really mad at you:)

BTW Jennifer McGuire does a video today on those dies!
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'll have to go check it out! There's a really cool die set by PinkFresh that is Art Deco as well https://www.pinkfreshstudio.com/products/gatsby. It came today with my Simon Says Stamp order of the new Distress Archivals... I keep telling myself I'm not spending any more money, but I love Archival inks. :tomato:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:I'll have to go check it out! There's a really cool die set by PinkFresh that is Art Deco as well https://www.pinkfreshstudio.com/products/gatsby. It came today with my Simon Says Stamp order of the new Distress Archivals... I keep telling myself I'm not spending any more money, but I love Archival inks. :tomato:

I’m rather interested in the Oxide Sprays. Smack me. :lol:

Also I see there’s a VickiP video today on the Pearl Alcohol inks. OH NO!
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm resisting the Oxide sprays because I don't use the regular ones enough anyway, although I do love what I've seen done with them. As for the pearl AI, I'm not really jazzed. I've got all the original ones and the mixatives, and I'm good with that.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

What I could do with those Art Deco dies and stencils, along with the ton of photos I just took in Miami's Art Deco district.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Keitha wrote:What I could do with those Art Deco dies and stencils, along with the ton of photos I just took in Miami's Art Deco district.
Do I need to send an envelope of die cuts up to you? ;)
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Monica wrote:
Keitha wrote:What I could do with those Art Deco dies and stencils, along with the ton of photos I just took in Miami's Art Deco district.
Oh Monica, I would LOVE that. Thanks for thinking of it!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Keitha wrote:
Monica wrote:
Oh Monica, I would LOVE that. Thanks for thinking of it!
It'll be a bit given that I only just ordered the kit, but not a problem. ;)
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I inadvertently watched a video demoing the oxide sprays, and now I want them. I sure don't need any more translucent sprays, but these have such a unique finish that I want them. Maybe I can limit myself to only some of my favourite colours...
Monica

Post by Monica »

I had to stop watching videos with them because I know how little I use the sprays I have, and how many I've bought then gotten rid of years later... and I want to try doing something with those! But I'm resisting. Really. :lol: I need to just use my Oxide inkpads more!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

The Distress Oxide sprays are incredible. I feel like I don’t need all of them but a couple would be nice.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:The Distress Oxide sprays are incredible. I feel like I don’t need all of them but a couple would be nice.

That’s what I am thinking. I only need a few colors. Maybe just 12? :tomato: Really, I think they are pretty cool and the finish really great.

I could go gonzo over the new HA kit and I’m sorry I’m no longer a member. I was thinking of picking and choosing but then the kit is really reasonable. It’s those extras though that I’d love too. Sigh....
FARLEY in Sacramento