Cleaning my craft room. Really!

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
pamcook

Re: Cleaning my craft room. Really!

Post by pamcook »

Maybe we need to do a round robin. One person makes something with a stamp set. They send the stamp set to the next person on the list. That person has one week to create as much as they can with the stamp set and then sends it to the next person and so on. If more of us have the same set, we could break into smaller groups. What do you think?
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:You also have to admit that we all tend to enable one another. :tomato: Someone will use something really cute and then we all need it. Remember the coffee stamps??? :wtf:
Hey, I still have all my coffee stamps! :lol: and the collection of tea stamps that go with them! :tomato:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

pamcook wrote:Maybe we need to do a round robin. One person makes something with a stamp set. They send the stamp set to the next person on the list. That person has one week to create as much as they can with the stamp set and then sends it to the next person and so on. If more of us have the same set, we could break into smaller groups. What do you think?

That would certainly give our craft budgets a break! :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:Maybe we need to do a round robin. One person makes something with a stamp set. They send the stamp set to the next person on the list. That person has one week to create as much as they can with the stamp set and then sends it to the next person and so on. If more of us have the same set, we could break into smaller groups. What do you think?
That's a wonderful idea, Pam. Various stamp sets could be making the rounds to several people instead of several people buying the same set and using it a few times.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Reading this thread makes me glad I'd never heard of CS back in the day. Well that's not strictly true, but it wasn't what my crafting peeps were into so I could ignore it all. Which is not to say I don't have a healthy (unhealthy?) collection of stamps anyway. Pam, I admire that you can say decisively that you are a scrapbooker, and eschew the supplies for all those other crafts. I still like to dabble in everything - as is evidenced by the diversity here in the Glitter Grotto. For years I declared I wasn't a card-maker; I'd have more room now if I'd stuck to that sentiment. Now I just need to get better at using the card-making supplies I've acquired in recent months.
By all means start a round-robin if you want, although I won't add mailing to Canada into the mix. An alternative would be to pick a theme or subject and we all pull out our related stamps/stash and create projects using what we already own along those lines. I, for one, wouldn't mind the practice of seeing what someone else does that I like, and putting my own spin on it with my version of the same supplies.
Judy, kudos to you for Kondoing (can that be a verb?) your craft room. I've managed a box here, a bin there - but overall don't see a visible difference yet, other than fewer things not having a permanent home.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Keitha, I swore for years that I wasn't a card maker. Now I make more cards than I do scrapbook LOs. :lol:
Pam P.

Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I’m on a card binge right now too, probably because I joined our local card club. It’s fun, you get to meet like minded ppl and maybe gain a few friends and learn new things, but I will always love scrapbooking!

I donated almost all my Club Scrap stamps and uncounted last year to a local art teacher. I kep very few wood mounted and a couple font sets. Who need 50 font sets??!!
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pbp908 wrote:Keitha, I swore for years that I wasn't a card maker. Now I make more cards than I do scrapbook LOs. :lol:
Lately that's true of me as well.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Keitha wrote:
pbp908 wrote:Keitha, I swore for years that I wasn't a card maker. Now I make more cards than I do scrapbook LOs. :lol:
Lately that's true of me as well.
Ditto. Other than this group, I don't send that many cards, but..... I love making them and have a lot right now.
My neighbor needed a birthday card last week and asked if I had one she could buy. Um, yes.... I have a box full, come take your pick. Of course, I didn't charge her anything, and told her to let me know whenever she needs a card.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Bonnie used to make boxes with all occasion cards for one of our friends. Effie loved them and always said they were the best Christmas gift she received. I'm seriously thinking about doing something like that, with a custom box to hold them, and donating it for a fund raiser at Grandma Eddie's church. I have too much fun making cards to just limit it to our swaps and people seem to be very appreciative of them. What else can I do during the monsoon season???
Pam P.

nchoney

Post by nchoney »

People really do appreciate receiving cards as a gift... I'm doing that at work these days. Have to figure out how to get rid of some of the many I still have from the craft fair last November... because I'll want to have new ones for this year, of course!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

My first venture into paper arts was stamping. A friend and neighbor introduced me to CTMH and embossing. The rest is history. CS got me into seriously scrapping for awhile but for me it’s all about the cards. Needless to say my family has an endless supply for any occasion.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That’s a great idea Pam, we give Birthday Cards in our little community and I know ppl would love them! When is your monsoon season? Ours is July 1 to Oct 1 and I hate it, they are scary and the Haboobs are super scary!
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

We were supposed to go to my sister's today to walk our property and try to pick out our next homesite but it makes no sense to tramp through the woods in the rain and snow - drat!! So, I'm heading upstairs to my room to continue to declutter. The key word being continue. I'm go to start at my desk in the back corner and work my way out of the room. I've ordered a book called "The Sentimental Person's Guide To Decluttering". I'm hoping this will do it for me this time for sure :lol: .
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

It is done! I have been through everything. It is organized. I can find stuff. I have learned three things.

1. This REALLY has given my creativity a huge boost and I am going to use my favorite "saved" pieces FIRST!

2. This makes me realize I do not need to buy a bunch of new stuff.

3. I could probably go in there right now and get rid of 40% more of the stuff in there that I saved this time. And I got rid of a ton!
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO