Hello!!!!!?????

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
mpizzazz

Hello!!!!!?????

Post by mpizzazz »

Has everyone passed out from the heat? Oh, you must be in the pool sipping cool drinks!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Hello!!!!!?????

Post by pamcook »

I’m in making memories mode. Cara & family will only be here a few more days. Mom gets here tomorrow and will be here for a week. Still trying to check in though.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I would be out walking in the cool rain right now, but I'm afraid I'd be hit by lightening so I'll just stay put. I know you all in the east have been having crazy hot temps. We've also had some record heat and I'm tired of it. I don't handle extreme temps very well but I think it will be cooling off next week.

We finally finished two bathroom renovations, had the kitchen cabinets painted, had two sets of out of town guests stay with us (one right after the other) and now things are finally back to normal. I've made a couple scrapbook pages and some cards in the last week and hope to keep the momentum going. I have a lot of pictures to scrap right now.

Stay cool, everyone.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

So sorry you Easterners are having the kind of heat that makes national news.

But in general it seems a bit quiet here. Maybe everyone is purging their craft rooms? :lol:

Keep cool friends.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

We're a bit cooler than normal, by like a good 20 degrees! I've been in and out but dealing with having someone living with us now (fun but an adjustment), the pressing need to upgrade our HVAC system before winter (financial planning and so on), ditto with replacing the roof, and just real life in general taking up time.

DH is currently in Osh Kosh, Wisconsin right now for the annual aviation event that runs all next week, and having a blast aside from being very sleep deprived. :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Monica wrote:
DH is currently in Osh Kosh, Wisconsin right now for the annual aviation event that runs all next week, and having a blast aside from being very sleep deprived. :lol:
Ahh, the fly in. Good times. We used to live very close to Osh Kosh. Loved seeing all the planes. My uncle would attend every year as well.

I was at a local quilt retreat all week. Yesterday was try to recover day, and today as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put stuff away and do some grocery shopping???
It's been a HOT one, but the end of the heat wave may be in sight.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've done a bit in the way of purging, but not much to speak of. Mostly I'm trying to clean the house while dealing with obscene heat indexes and a lack of stamina from the lengthy recuperation and subsequent enforced (Dr's. orders and George the enforcer) limited mobility. Now the most simple things tire me out, so it's all being done in 15 minute increments unless I can do it while sitting. :lol:

The upside to all this is that I've lost weight. I'm afraid it might just be muscle, though. :-o

The temps are supposed to drop into the 80s beginning next Tuesday. I might need to put on a sweat shirt. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

It’s been hot here but I love it, the pool is maybe 25 steps from my front door and the AC is still purring so life is good.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, great responses everyone! The heat really has us in zombie mode. Tomorrow is supposed to only be in the high 70s!!!!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Supposed to be 97 here today... makes me glad I live in the era of A/C! :lol:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Here in Sacramento it’s to be 98 which usually translates to 100. But that is our summer norm. AC and our late afternoon breezes off of the Delta makes my immediate neighborhood liveable.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

We've actually been really cool for the time of year, but I knew the heat was on its way. I just hope it keeps dropping down to the low 60s at night so I can keep opening windows. I much prefer the fresh air overnight rather than the A/C running all the time.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

It’s cooler today and overcast, 99 degrees with maybe a monsoon moving in later tonight.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I been in and out
It finally cooled off some.
My son was here for a few days with kids. Olivia, his oldest was diagnosed with diabetes. Type one
He is learning to deal and adjust her doses. She will have a pump soon.
I’ll try to check in more
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois