Post by pbp908 »

Watch this space for an honest review from Tawanda! :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Re: It's Here!

Post by Debbie J »

I’m teetering, what would I do with my other 10 gadgets that this one thing does? Donate, I guess
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Debbie J wrote:I’m teetering, what would I do with my other 10 gadgets that this one thing does? Donate, I guess
I've been thinking about this since we are downsizing! But, looking at the list of what it does, 6 out of the 10 jobs, I wouldn't use. Right now, I'd be happy to find a small trimmer to replace my original Fiskars 9" one. Maybe Tawanda's review will sway us, Debbie! :P
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Evidently Tawanda has forgot her password. :lol:

I played with the features that I was most interested in, so here goes. This is as honest as I can be with the brief time I played with it.

Trimmer - Cuts like a dream.

Envelope maker - I ruined 3 pieces of 12 x 12 until I figured out what I was doing wrong. I'm still not all that happy with the results, but as I've never had an envelope maker I'm probably still not quite there with my abilities. I think the scoring is where I'm screwing up, but I did make it work. I'm going to play with that some more. Since a lot of you have envie makers and are familiar with how they work, you'll have no problems with this.

Tag maker - It works. Unfortunately I have no need of it at the moment as I have a box full of blank tags. I tried several sizes and they came out like, well, tags. ;)

Corner rounder - I wasn't very impressed with it at first. However, once I played with inserting the paper into it I was able to get good corners. They're not as large as the CM corners but that's fine with me.

Bow maker - Definite plus! I'm a lousy bow maker and this takes all of the guess work out of it.

Stamp platform - I used a lighter weight cardstock to stamp on, so I followed the directions and placed another piece under it. The stamp had solid areas as well as lines, and the impression was as good, if not better, than the impression I got with the Misti. I only had to stamp the image once; with the Misti I had to stamp it several times. Definite plus!

Tab maker - It works fairly well. I'm not sure that I'll use it very much but if needed it's there.

Hole punch - Only one size, and it's fairly large.

The magnets! They're wonderful! I'm hoping that they'll sell them separately in the future.

I didn't try the pom pom maker or the other yarn gizmo. I don't foresee me using either, but the tassel thingy may see some use before Christmas to make gnomes. ;)

The tools fit into the storage spaces very nicely. The directions didn't tell how to extend the arm for cutting larger than 6" paper, but I finally figured it out.

Biggest drawback for me right now is the size of the cutting directions on the envelope guide. They're small and I had to use the magnifying glass to read them, even with my readers on. Hopefully this will not be an issue for much longer as I'm currently undergoing a series of eye meds that's supposed to take care of the topographic map on my retinas.

Another plus is the size - it has a small footprint and will free up some of my work space. We all know that we end up with a 12 x 12 clear spot on our work tables anyway, so this might cure part of that issue. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Thanks for your input Pam. I might need it for Christmas!