Jessica Sprague

New tricks to amaze your friends
Flintstone

Jessica Sprague

Post by Flintstone »

Can we move this here????
I think many are not posting their work because its mostly non-CS stuff!
We're on Day 3 today.

Deb
InkPattie

Re: Jessica Sprague

Post by InkPattie »

Mine is pretty standard, not doing much to change from what Jessica has done, and I posted it on Day 1 in the JS gallery! Seems like that was where it belonged! I used Let Me Count the Ways for the inside covers and the backs of the chipboard divider pages, since there was chipboard in the album I bought. That was on Day 1 before she provided digital papers for us to use.

But I think it would be cool to share some of our stories once we get our assignments done. I think we get our first writing assignment tomorrow.
Attachments
DSC00228.JPG
DSC00228.JPG (118.44 KiB) Viewed 478 times
DSC00229.JPG
DSC00229.JPG (154.51 KiB) Viewed 478 times
DSC00227.JPG
DSC00227.JPG (137.12 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I'm just getting around to trying to assemble my album. Got everything printed yesterday, but I have had company and I couldn't find an album like she described. Now I am improvising with a grungeboard cover. I haven't had a chance to play with that stuff before, so I am trying to figure out what all to do with it. If it comes out OK, I will post it.
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

I still haven't started!! Maybe on the weekend, although I am working overtime on both days, need the money! So who knows.
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Please do move it here! I didn't sign up in time, so I was really bummed. I NEED to start keeping journals, even if they are only technique studies.
HappyHappyJoyJoy

Post by HappyHappyJoyJoy »

Here's something funny...

I was looking through the JS gallery to get ideas of how to do the cover and I came upon this one cover and insides that had these unusual papers that were so gorgeous. I start to look closer and I think, "Hmmm, I swear that's paper from LMCTW....I wonder if I know who this person is and if it's really CS paper...." I scroll down to see the person's name and then laugh out loud when I see "Ink Pattie"!

It's gorgeous, Ink Pattie!
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

I finished assembling my book last night--it is huge!
I used some Cypress green on the front and back covers, but pretty much it's just print outs on white card stock.
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

I have not started mine yet. :|
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

I just printed the cover... YAY...
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Oh, Gwen, I love your little photo scalloped circle on the Family page!

For those of you who didn't register, JS is kind of tight on her copyright policy, and registration is closed to new people. The biggest part of this project is a huge long list of "sparks" to get you started on thinking up stories you want to tell, in whatever way you want, on a blog, scrapbook page, in a journal, or whatever. We will be getting our first writing assignment tomorrow, which I suppose gives us over the weekend to find time to do it.

She did mention in one forum post something about "if you are giving this book as a gift...", so I guess someone in the class could print out a full set of pages, bind them into a book, and give the book as a gift. It just involves about 55 sheets of cardstock to print out all the pages. So if anyone wants a lovely gift, let me know...
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

InkPattie wrote:Oh, Gwen, I love your little photo scalloped circle on the Family page!
I cut the photo with my latest new toy--it's the Slice by Making Memories. Allow you to cut all kinds of shapes from 1 to 4 inches, in 1/2 inch increments. I'm still experimenting with getting it in exactly the right spot, but I'm getting better! I also think it will be great for making cutout to do iris folding in--will have to try that soon!

Here's the tab for one of my sons--I experimented with differnt shaps on some miscellaneous photos I have around, and decided to start a photo collage on each of the tabs.
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Here's my cover. I haven't put the circle on yet as I don't have a punch, and have to go out to a xmas card workshop very shortly.
I'm a rebel.. LOL

DSC01930.jpg
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Great colors, Sharon!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

love your cover
donnak

Post by donnak »

Sharon - love the inky cover - a little ink sure changes the feel of that cover!