when life decides to hit you...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

when life decides to hit you...

Post by Monica »

And now that I've got your attention... :lol:

Those who are FB friends with me likely saw my post that I got rear-ended last night about 5pm. The gal in the car behind me told the officer she pushed the accelerator instead of the brake. We were in a line of cars that were just starting to move after the light turned green. My Explorer took the brunt of the impact on the trailer hitch, but it crumpled the front of her car. I'm not hurt, just a bit shaken. I was able to drive it down the few blocks to my local Ford place, and a mechanic looked at it for drivability. The frame of the Explorer is fine, no damage to it. The hitch, the back hatch (it got tweaked along the bottom although it still opens and closes), the rear bumper, and the carriage housing for the spare tire will all have to be replaced, and likely one of he rear quarter panels. The third seat, which was in the flat position, isn't able to move at all due to that, but I don't think it was actually damaged itself, it was just the spare tire housing that is temporarily blocking it from moving.

And somehow my cat has also managed to sprain the base of her tail (I have no idea how the hell she did it), so we were at the emergency vet and I have oral pain meds to give her. And since my regular vet retired 1/1/2020, I also got a recommendation for a new regular vet.

So how's your weekend going? :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Re: when life decides to hit you...

Post by nchoney »

So glad you're ok. And the cat will be good as new, too!!

My weekend is fairly uneventful. Just a charley horse but that'll subside soon too!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Drink some pickle juice for your Charley horse. Don’t know why it works, but it does. Any kind of pickle juice.

Going to Lisa’s tomorrow to scrapbook. Otherwise enjoying a leisurely holiday weekend.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Sorry to hear about your car accident, glad you are ok. Hope she had decent insurance.

Bar of soap, any kind, in the wrapper or out of the wrapper under your fitted sheet near your feet, no more cramps!
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Debbie J wrote:Sorry to hear about your car accident, glad you are ok. Hope she had decent insurance.

Bar of soap, any kind, in the wrapper or out of the wrapper under your fitted sheet near your feet, no more cramps!

Calf and thigh cramps, too or only foot cramps
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Calf and foot also. I used to get them terribly and after my Granddaughter told me she heard this old wives tale on TV I thought I would try it, that was several years ago and have never had another cramp. I don’t know if it’s in my head or not but it works for me!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Sorry to hear this Monica. I hope all is back to normal soon.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

When I backed the Expedition into George's van the trailer hitch was what did all of the damage to it. Caved the entire door in. The Ford? Not a scratch. That's why they're called Ford Tough!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Like I said on FB Monica so glad you are only shaken, that’s tough enough. Fords Rock! Sorry about your kitty too. I hope you both recover quickly. Photo below for you Monica to sooth you.

About leg cramps...I too get them at night when I’ve been out birding all day and not drinking enough water. Too busy to hydrate, don’t ya know. Anyway I’ve been using at bed time Theraworx Foam. I apply it to my legs where I typically cramp up in my sleep. It really works! It keeps cramps from happening when I know I’ll get them or relieve cramping as it happens. On Amazon.

Meanwhile today was a nice birding morning for me while Bob has a trombone lesson at home. Today was foggy in the morning but eventually the sun came out. The Preserve was alive with so many different species. I was in Bird Heaven, LOL. My best photos on FB. Now to make some cards and print photos for Round 2 of Scraplift.

Sample of one of my birds from today:

Sandhill Cranes and snoozing Long-Billed Dowitchers.
Attachments
044F17EC-D83A-4B55-84DA-E4E46A6D1021.jpeg
044F17EC-D83A-4B55-84DA-E4E46A6D1021.jpeg (140.14 KiB) Viewed 625 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Farley, I love that picture! You get some incredible shots of birds and I enjoy seeing all of them.

And I agree, Fords are tough and the best! I know everyone has their own preference but I've had such great luck with mine all the way around and at this point I'd only switch if Ford went out of business.

Leg and foot cramps are no fun at all. Another trick my mom taught me to help with that it to lie on the floor and elevate your feet for ten minutes before bed.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Monica glad you are OK just shaken. Cars can be replaced. Bodies can't.

Pickle juice works because of all the salt in it.
My Mom used to "eat salt" or use a lot of extra salt to help relieve the cramps in hers

I never heard of the bar of soap before. I'll have to try it.

what a cool picture Farley.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Studies have been done about the pickle juice and they haven’t been able to identify why it works. It just does. I think it replaces whatever is low in your electrolytes that’s causing your cramps. Foot cramps tormented me when my blood sugar was sky high. So I never could sort out why the juice stopped them! I had heard about a bar of soap helping (was told it HAD to be Ivory soap) but never met anyone who said it helped - good to know it helped you Debbie!
The medical community loves to debunk “wives’ tales” but so many work. We ghastly generations of “healers” in my family so I learned early on to have an open mind.

Speaking of traffic accidents - Monica, did you get snow? Did that contribute to the accident?
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

So glad you're ok, Monica. However, if anything starts to hurt, get yourself to a doctor.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica how are you today? Often it takes a day or two for any soreness to show up. Hope you are feeling well.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

pamcook wrote:Speaking of traffic accidents - Monica, did you get snow? Did that contribute to the accident?
We had snow but it wasn't on the road at that point. It was simply the driver behind me hitting the wrong pedal.
pugmom wrote:So glad you're ok, Monica. However, if anything starts to hurt, get yourself to a doctor.
paddlegal wrote:Monica how are you today? Often it takes a day or two for any soreness to show up. Hope you are feeling well.
I'm doing well, nothing really beyond a slight ache here and there that could as easily have come from over-extending myself and a dull headache that I think is actually allergies since my sinuses are going nuts this morning.