Epson PictureMate PM-400

Save some $ Find out what works
kacarr61

Epson PictureMate PM-400

Post by kacarr61 »

I recently purchased an Epson PictureMate PM-400 printer and love how it prints 4 x 6 and 5 x 7 photos from my phone. And I have an app that allows me to print more than one smaller photo onto the 4 x 6. However, I can't figure out how to do it from my computer where most of my photos are stored. I googled free photo collage but didn't find any that would put two true 3 x 4 photos onto a 4 x 6. Any ideas?? :anyone: TIA
Kathy Carr
Keitha

Re: Epson PictureMate PM-400

Post by Keitha »

I'm old school and use Photoshop Elements (PSE) on the computer for all my photo editing and printing to mine. I don't know how to do it from my phone, LOL. Kathy, I've not used it because I have PSE but have heard lots of people say they use the Project Life app templates; I think you can use that on your computer but I've not used it.
Also, did you know you can print TN-sized photos on your PM-400? As long as your photo paper isn't any wider than 5" you can insert a longer piece to accommodate the 4.25x8.25 size. Both Cathy Zielske and Kerry Bradshaw have tutorials about it on their blogs; come to think of it, they might be good resources for templates for your two 3x4 photos as well.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

There's more than one phone app for the PM-400. The second one I downloaded and love is the Creative Print app. It allows you to print true 3x4 prints without the border that the printer puts on there. It also lets you do other collage designs... a 4x4 and two 2x2 prints on one 4x6 page, etc.

I've just looked at the printer software for the computer and it's just a simple print driver - so you'd need to use some other kind of software to make a collage of the photos you want to print... and then print them to the PM-400 from that software.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Have you used Epsom Photo and Epsom Photo Tool? They came with the printer. If they don't automatically load, look in the printer folder and you can open them there and then add them to your desktop. I'm not sure, but they may also be available as an app. It would be worth a look.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com