Can I Please Just Rant For a Minute???

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

Can I Please Just Rant For a Minute???

Post by pbp908 »

I am getting sooooo :censor: outdone with this :censor: dog. Last summer was a constant struggle to keep him from destroying my container plants. He even ate the Serrano plants that had small peppers on them. :shock: Then over the winter he managed to chew up 4 of the containers. I'm not talking about small containers - these are huge.

Cue this Spring. Being mindful of what a total jerk he is, I barricaded the first ones that I planted - Lemon grass and Chamomile. He kept leaning on the barricade and pulling the Lemon grass out of the pot - even though it also had a tomato cage protecting it. I added more depth to the "fence" and went on my merry way last Friday to pick up more herb plants. Put them behind the barricade until I could get to the new pots. No luck keeping his sorry rear out then. So Adam went to the storage room, got the hand cart and transported them to outside of the big fence, where I'm praying they'll be safe from the deer until they mature enough to bring them back to the deck. I underestimated by one the number of new pots I needed, so this morning Adam and George picked up another container and 3 bags of potting soil for me. Adam put the pot on the deck and placed the unopened bags in it.

Apollo pulled the unopened bags out of the pots (20 pounds each), carried 2 of them down the steps, broke all 3 bags open, and then attacked the new container.

I am ready to send his sorry rear end to anyone who wants him. :angry47:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Re: Can I Please Just Rant For a Minute???

Post by Monica »

Pets and children... :tomato:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Pam, I'm guessing you don't agree with the sentiment from that commercial that says there are no bad dogs, just bored ones.

Cooper hasn't chewed up any containers, but Dave resorted to putting a chicken wire fence around the entire garden this year to keep him out of it after Cooper completely dug up and ate a couple of perennials. His favourite thing seems to be eating wood chips; he'll pick them up one by one, bring them to where we can see him, and then proceed to chomp them into little pieces. He also likes to chew on smooth rocks which we highly discourage; I'm afraid he'll break his teeth. A lot of it is a game with him; he'll grab anything he knows he's not supposed to have and them encourage anyone who'll 'play' to chase him to get it. The other day he picked up a 10 lb free weight off Noah's bedroom floor and brought it downstairs. And it's not like he doesn't have loads of toys - which he also plays with. Cooper is 10 months old; we're really hoping this is something of a puppy phase and that he'll grow out of it - although it doesn't sound like Apollo has yet.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Apollo is 18 months old, so I'm sure a lot of this is just puppy hijinks. I just wish he'd grow a brain! He has tons of toys and things to play with but they all end up under the deck - out of sight, out of his feeble mind! Even if we play with him he runs and hides them under there. He even has tug ropes attached to a tree with balls on it, which is one of the few things he hasn't demolished yet. I'm considering building him an obstacle course or buying a trampoline. What he really needs is a boy to chase after.

You'd think I'd be used to this since it took all of our Goldens 5 years to grow brains.
Pam P.

EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Sounds like you need to rub all of his toys in
potting soil, he seems to be attracted to it LOL
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Get some of this spray. See him doing something wrong and one spritz not toward his face and he'll learn that whatever he was doing is yucky. It smells flowery to people but apparently is different to dogs.

https://www.amazon.com/SENTRY-Pet-Care- ... B0083F9OTW
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The problem is being there to see him. I'm not always outside with him when he gets into mischief. If I were, I'd use his training collar and send him a vibration or a tone to let him know to cease.
Pam P.

wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

I am ready to send his sorry rear end to anyone who wants him. :angry47:[/quote]

YOU KNOW WHERE!!!!! LOL :happy94: He's still a baby...
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I keep threatening to send him to you! He looks at me with a goofy smile like he's saying "Go ahead. I dare you." :lol:
Pam P.