Embossing powder swap: final details in first post

Keitha

Embossing powder swap: final details in first post

Post by Keitha »

Sorry ladies, I completely lost track of the days and forgot to come back to this. So 4 of us are swapping:
Keitha
Monica
Debbie
Kathy

Because I'm late with the reminder, I'm going to say please mail by June 22nd. Let me know if that's not enough time, or if you need further clarification on what to do. 3 or 4 different embossing powders in separate baggies - the little jewelry ones are good - labeled with the brand and colour. They should all fit in a regular envelope for letter mail postage.

Is anybody up for a swap of embossing powders? We’ve got a couple of Neglected Stash challenges coming up they’d be suitable for – metallics in July and embossing powders themselves in August. Here’s how I thought it could work: we’d send a spoonful of 3 or 4 different embossing powders to each person; each powder would be in a separate baggie labeled with the brand and colour. Several small (jewelry) baggies should fit in an envelope and mail at letter rate. If more than 6 people sign up I’ll do a random drawing and assign names so no one is sending out more than 5 envelopes. You do not need to send the same assortment of powders to each person so as not to completely deplete your supply. To give mail plenty of time to cross int’l borders, I’ll suggest sign-ups by June 10 and mail by June 19. If necessary, I’ll assign names on June 11. Any interest?
Monica

Re: Embossing powder swap anyone?

Post by Monica »

I'm always up to share EP. Got a ton of it!!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I’ll play, but when I go to the PO to mail to you I have a form to fill out and if I say anything with the word “powder” I’m afraid they would freak.....what do you think?
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Debbie J wrote:I’ll play, but when I go to the PO to mail to you I have a form to fill out and if I say anything with the word “powder” I’m afraid they would freak.....what do you think?
I'm thinking it would just be a small envelope (same as you'd use for a card) and you don't have to fill in a form, just put a couple stamps on and you're good to go. But I always tell anyone sending stuff across the border to just declare "craft supplies" if they have to fill in a form; that's what the stores do.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Ok sounds good
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

I will play!
Kathy Carr
Keitha

Re: Embossing powder swap: final details in first post

Post by Keitha »

Please see the first post for final swap details.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Keitha, I hate to do this but I ordered a bunch of embossing powder about 3 weeks ago and it’s still not here, so I’m going to have to withdraw my name. Sorry.
Monica

Post by Monica »

I can cover Debbie's powders to send out if Keitha and Kathy want to still send to her. I have drawers full of powders to share!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Thanks Monica. I can send when it shows up but I ordered from a company called CraftStash and didn’t realize its coming from the UK, I’m a dork.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Mine went in the mail yesterday, although it'll probably take them a month to show up in the US. I'll be glad when the mail gets back on track.
No worries Debbie. If you think of it, send them out whenever yours arrive. Monica, I doubt any of us are hurting for embossing powders, so no need to send more than your share.
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

Mine will go out in the mail on Tuesday.
Kathy Carr
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I will send mine when they arrive.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Mine will got out tomorrow because brilliant me remembered the baggies of powders but totally forgot the envelopes!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Mine did drop in the mail Tuesday.... be on the lookout!