Laying low

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

Re: Laying low

Post by pamcook »

Had another meeting with our realtor last night. Now that we have a lot more information, the pressure is off!

I don’t have to lay as low. :lol: Still working on cleaning out our two guest rooms for Chris’ family. Since I scrapbook in one of them, I’m trying to find a way to still make the space useable for me. No idea how long they’ll need to be here and I can’t postpone scrapbooking for too long. I’ll start twitching! Right now, I’m thinking to spend a few hours making page kits. When I have time, I can pull one out with basic tools and scrapbook on the kitchen island.

Any other suggestions?
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I must have missed something Pam. Are you moving?
On the scrapbook ?, You have a good plan. Gather tools, etc., in a nice container, drawer system to keep your spirits up and crafting close at hand.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Eventually we’ll have to move. Developers are building high rise apartments all around us. It’s been looming (development) since December 2001. I feel like no one believes us when we talk about it because it’s gone on for so very long. We’re so weary of the whole thing but our location is perfect for us and retirement is finally on the horizon.

We thought we would be moving to WA next year but circumstances have thrown a wrench into that plan. Instead, our son & his family are moving in with us next month until he finds a new job. Our realtor had told us to plan to close on the sale of our property this time next year and now it’s looking more like summer of 2022. We’re dragging our feet on signing the sale contract until we get a few more concessions. Had hoped to be out of here before the next apartment complex (one lot away) starts but it looks as though we’ll have to endure that. I should post some photos.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Looking out our front door. Across our one lane gravel road - about 8 acres will be senior citizen housing.
0DC7043A-0578-45D2-A22C-53DB3DB5CF9E.jpeg
0DC7043A-0578-45D2-A22C-53DB3DB5CF9E.jpeg (181.17 KiB) Viewed 231 times
Again, looking out our front door and to the left, if you look between the two tree trunks as far as you can see, from there south, 350 apartments will go in.
B55C9433-1707-45C8-A1E3-40D23A302E3D.jpeg
B55C9433-1707-45C8-A1E3-40D23A302E3D.jpeg (188.79 KiB) Viewed 231 times
I would have rather seen the light rail come through but politicians would rather line their pockets by blocking it.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Maybe a developer will come along and make you an offer you can't refuse.

Jim and Karen have moved to Tenn., so pretty much all of my plans to visit Washington are in the toilet now. This was supposed to be the summer that George and I actually do some traveling, but thanks to Covid, riots and other idiocy that's no longer an option. Looks like the travel money will end up spent on more changes to this place. Whoo hoo, :censor: .
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pam looking at your beautiful property breaks my heart thinking you have to leave it and what will eventually be built. This sadly is happening in my area though no threat to my already over-crowded neighborhood. But what we have lost are bird habitats for shopping centers, housing developments to use the shopping centers and (though I am in great favor of wine) vineyards.

This is one of the reasons I do bird surveys for Cosumnes River Preserve. Our data helps keep out such developments. Recently Union Pacific RR tried to sneak a meeting with very short notice to the Preserve so they can run an additional high speed rail through it. They stated there are no threats to birds and animals since there already is a line through there...it’s for slow moving freight trains. They had the gall to say Sandhill Cranes don’t congregate at the preserve either! What! We have 1000s of them every winter! But our data we collect helped the biologists to present their argument recently and hopefully it had an impact.

I hope you get a huge price for what you have to give up. Your idea of making page kits is a great idea. Scrapping for you is like birding for me...I’ll go bonkers if I can’t do that.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote:Maybe a developer will come along and make you an offer you can't refuse.

Jim and Karen have moved to Tenn., so pretty much all of my plans to visit Washington are in the toilet now. This was supposed to be the summer that George and I actually do some traveling, but thanks to Covid, riots and other idiocy that's no longer an option. Looks like the travel money will end up spent on more changes to this place. Whoo hoo, :censor: .
Yes, they have made an offer we can't refuse - but that doesn't mean we aren't countering. Now waiting on more information from our attorney. If they refuse our counter, there are two other developers biting at the bit to make us an offer.

I'm sad we don't see making any more trips to WA. There was so much I planned to do "next time". It's a beautiful state and so much to see and do. No need to waste time on the scary places there.
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Sigh, such a lovely setting Pam. Shame you will have to leave it, but I would not want to be near all the apartments and traffic, not to mention construction.

Trees were what drew me to our home. 3 lots away begins a 1970's neighborhood. Lots of oaks and other specimens.

We live in new construction on a plowed under field, so no trees,. We are doing our part to plant, plant, plant.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA