Checking in

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

Checking in

Post by Monica »

I've been lurking more than not, primarily because this year is exhausting me and sucking out every drop of creativity. If I was going to regret working in the public sector, this would be the year for it. It's draining to deal with the constant shifting of opinions, ways to try conducting essential business, where the county and state is with regard to being open or not, the daily stats that I don't completely trust, controversy stirred up left and right... I could go on and on, but I'll stop there.

So I thought I'd just take a moment to say hello, I'm still around, and send you all a cyber hug. :happy94:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Re: Checking in

Post by pamcook »

:happy94:
Pam Cook #48
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Sending hugs right back to you
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

hugs all around... if ever there was a need for them... it's now!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

:happy94:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I'm torn between feeling a bit anxious about not working for so long, and being grateful that I haven't had to deal with the realities that working right now would entail. For the most part I've stayed in my little bubble not venturing far from home - although it seems we're in much better shape up here than you guys are in the US.
Sending Canadian hugs back to you all; I am not only grateful for my virtual family here, but that despite the current state of affairs I've managed to remain creative - and thus have kept my sanity.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

:happy94: :happy94:
Hugs
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

:happy94: Lots hugs all!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

Here you go!
Attachments
bearhug.gif
bearhug.gif (77.9 KiB) Viewed 294 times
Kathy Carr
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I can’t imagine working for the government during this time. I’m VP of our HOA and it’s an extreme headache. We have to follow Gov Ducey’s proclamations and everybody else wants to have 50 people at the pool having parties. We are limited to 10 ppl in pool and ‘they’ are going to sue the HOA and each of us individually, so sick of it!
Monica

Post by Monica »

I feel for you, Debbie. Some people just don't want to understand the why and would rather simply complain.

I started scrapping old photos for my MIL last night, starting with her wedding in 1966. I was at a bit of a loss for the photos, as the outdoor ones have a definite blue tinge and the indoor ones all have reddish-orange wooden panel walls, but lo and behold, Rhapsody was a perfect match! I was so glad to still have old CS kits hanging around to find a good match. Will try to get them photoed and posted soonish. :)
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Good for you, scrapbooking is a great stress release and I can get lost for hours doing a page.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I had to scan and color correct all of our wedding photos. George and I were looking at a box of old photos (70s) tonight and they had either faded or the color shifted. I guess inks weren't as good then as they were 100 years ago.

Do what you need to do to keep your head clear and your BP down. I'm trying to not read political posts on FB but sometimes I observe things on TV and around town that make my blood boil. This is a scary time.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I only look at news when I'm at work, as I need to for my job. Aside from that, my house is new-free at the moment, and FB-free for me for the same reason. Our city administrator expressed an opinion as he stood beside a council member from a neighboring city while both were watching a protest across the street, and because she didn't like what he said she made a stink on FB and we've been enduring a few weeks of not only protests (which no one objects to), but attacking city officials on social media, fake official-looking accounts on Twitter (shut down) and FB (still working on that one), tons of emails to elected officials, three complaints to the state bar on the city attorney, graphic and vulgar chalk art on streets, a switch from using regular chalk to do chalk art statements to using aerosol spray chalk that has to be sand blasted and then the sidewalks repaired... I could go on, but you get the idea. I'm just very over 2020.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I miss America.
Pam Cook #48