Checking in after Isaias

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
BekiWard@msn.com

Re: Checking in after Isaias

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

jmp1022 wrote:I'm glad everyone is doing ok!

Beki
My parents always planted by the moon, too.
It's usually listed in the almanac too
I just planted more beets...rainbow beets! :)
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

My MIL always planted on Good Friday.

Am I the only person who thinks that this storm was named by the long eared creature in Star Wars (Jar Jar)?? Eees-a-iiii-as.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

My parents planted potatoes on Good Friday.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I went to work so that I could park my car in a garage
while the winds ripped those big trees out of the ground.
I originally parked under a tree and didn't want to take
a chance with a limb coming down on the hood.
It's amazing the size of the trees that came down
some of them look as big as some small homes
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, Elizabeth, I had a look at all the damage in NJ and NY. Good thing you could park in the garage. There were even tornadoes near where I grew up in South Jersey.

Has anyone heard from Dee?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:Wow, Elizabeth, I had a look at all the damage in NJ and NY. Good thing you could park in the garage. There were even tornadoes near where I grew up in South Jersey.

Has anyone heard from Dee?
Yes, she and her family are fine.
Pam Cook #48
Lily2011

Post by Lily2011 »

Hi Everyone
I did write a reply to the site. I am wondering if I hit "preview" instead of "submit".

We are fine but it was a wild ride for a while. I was sure the enormous tree on my neighbor's property but hangs over my yard
was going to come down. When it does, it will crash through my kitchen. I have asked her to trim it back..we would even split the cost with her.
But, she thinks "it is beautiful the way it is".

We had arcing wires down and about 4 inches of rain in about a two hour period.. Then at about 5:30 the sun came out.. It was a strange day.

As Marianne said, the South Jersey shore area and further north had a couple of tornados do considerable damage in addition to the rain and high winds.

I was really concerned about my youngest son's area for a bit. Their location had a tornado warning "Shelter In Place" for about an hour. A tornado did touch down about 20 miles Northeast of them
and did quite a bit of damage.

I am glad to see that everyone faired pretty well. and I really did try to check in.. I think I will try and go back to sleep.

:sleep2:
Make it a great day!! Dee
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Dee put it in writing to your neighbor and that way you have proof if that tree falls on your house. If the tree is bad she would be liable for damage to your house but if it isn't bad then it would be your insurance. Ask Beki

Lily2011 wrote:Hi Everyone
I did write a reply to the site. I am wondering if I hit "preview" instead of "submit".

We are fine but it was a wild ride for a while. I was sure the enormous tree on my neighbor's property but hangs over my yard
was going to come down. When it does, it will crash through my kitchen. I have asked her to trim it back..we would even split the cost with her.
But, she thinks "it is beautiful the way it is".

We had arcing wires down and about 4 inches of rain in about a two hour period.. Then at about 5:30 the sun came out.. It was a strange day.

As Marianne said, the South Jersey shore area and further north had a couple of tornados do considerable damage in addition to the rain and high winds.

I was really concerned about my youngest son's area for a bit. Their location had a tornado warning "Shelter In Place" for about an hour. A tornado did touch down about 20 miles Northeast of them
and did quite a bit of damage.

I am glad to see that everyone faired pretty well. and I really did try to check in.. I think I will try and go back to sleep.

:sleep2:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO