Checking in after Isaias

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
nchoney

Checking in after Isaias

Post by nchoney »

I haven't checked outside yet, but we didn't have any flooding in the house, so I'm a happy camper.

How's everyone else doing??
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jmp1022

Re: Checking in after Isaias

Post by jmp1022 »

glad you're ok
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

We're okay here. I had a fitful night's sleep and imagine it was due to the intermittent downpours.
Has anyone heard from Cheryl & Joe, Beki & Grumpy, Pam and George, Dee & Al? I'll text them in just a second.

I hear there's over 10,000 without power east of Raleigh. The last report from the "news" was due to shortage in manpower, expect very long delays in restoring power.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

No power loss. No limbs down. No flooding. No sleep - not because of the storm but because of animals wanting in and out and in and out... I can see some blue peeping through the clouds.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

the flood watch for our county was just canceled! :cool5:
Chris & family are due to arrive later today. :happywave:

Cheryl says she & Joe are okay. I asked her to post when she has a minute.
Pam Cook #48
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

We are fine & I’m glad everyone else is, also. Fortunately we had very little wind but quite a bit of much needed rain...and the sun’s shining gloriously now. I’m grateful for no appreciable flooding, especially in South Boston as this would have been the third this year.

I have to tell on myself, though. So...I’ve been playing around with a COVID-18 garden of sorts. Some things are doing well, others...well, let’s just say I loath squash bugs and vine borers & leave it at that while we have a moment of silence for my beloved butternut squash that was (WAS) doing well. For some reason, I was thinking of a sweet 92 year old customer who passed away a few months ago...she came into the office every year for a calendar and every year she asked if the calendar had moon phases because she planted her flowers by the moon. Having recalled someone in my childhood mentioning they also planted by the moon, I decided I wanted to plant a new row of beets on the full moon. Which I did, yesterday evening, in the rain of a tropical storm. :lol: If they survive, I will affectionately refer to beets henceforth as “Lucille Beets”. :D
Attachments
248B7CD7-1367-42A7-AA90-3B0252F2FFFD.jpeg
248B7CD7-1367-42A7-AA90-3B0252F2FFFD.jpeg (209.61 KiB) Viewed 311 times
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

hope you have a huge beet crop!!!

glad everyone's safe so far.... we're anticipating a little soundside flooding onto the highway for the next hour or so... but then it should be all finished... and Ocracoke fared super well, too... just a little sand blown onto the highway and that's being cleared off already.

crazy-ass-2020-storm ... hope that's the only big one this season!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Am I ever relieved to wake up to all your wonderful safe messages since my phone was dinging on the weather channel about your storm with missing people and 700,000 people without power!

So happy the storm is over in your area. Beki I hope you have a bumper crop, you wild girl!
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Thank you all for checking in. I'm so glad to hear that everyone is safe.

Beki, hope you have a bumper crop of beets.

Pam C, you must be so excited that your family is arriving today.

Pam P, get some rest today.

Debi, I don't know how you do it year after year. So glad there was minimal damage from this storm and hoping this is the only one you all will have to deal with this year.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Beki - my grandparents did everything according to the moon phases. Planting, hair cuts, potty training little ones...
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I just saw a post on FB from Cheryl and they’re ok and no damage.

Sue relieved you’re ok too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
BekiWard@msn.com

pamcook wrote:Beki - my grandparents did everything according to the moon phases. Planting, hair cuts, potty training little ones...
Now I'm even more intrigued! Potty training, who knew! Hair cuts? WhatInTheWorld! :-o

OK...you will laugh at this, Pam C, but with my oldest son I went two weeks past my due date...I was determined not to do that with my second so on the full moon of the month he was due, I took castor oil. Worked! :clap:

Thanks for the well wishes for beets, and for being recognized as a "Wild Girl"! :cool5: I didn't plant too many seeds, but will plant more probably next month, especially if these do well...I like succession planting to stretch out harvests. With the new moon, I want to plant kale & chard... :greenbounce:
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Sorry I haven't been on lately but we were blessed last night. We had 3 1/2" of rain and lots of wind but no damage. We really are far enough away from the coast that the flooding/storm surge doesn't affect us. There was quite a lot along the coast last night. We have not heard from our grandson who lives in Newport, NC and our daughter said she had not been able to get a hold of them. They do live in a flood prone area so our prayers are that they are ok.

We have had a lot of thunder storms lately and they are calling for storms every day this week. So very glad that all of you are safe.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
BekiWard@msn.com

Oh, Cheryl...please keep us posted. Prayers for your grandson, for your daughter, and for you. :happy94:
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I'm glad everyone is doing ok!

Beki
My parents always planted by the moon, too.
It's usually listed in the almanac too
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois