IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!

Post by pamcook »

I'm watching the clock tick in ultra-slow motion...

I hope to get some time to participate in TSNSKC month-end party. Will keep an eye to the sky as the remnants of Laura passes over. It's too danged hot to be outside still although Kenan and I took a walk yesterday. We gathered gold and red leaves that had fallen on the road and filmed some tadpoles in a puddle on the road. Maybe I'll vacuum the house? Hey, it could happen?

Anyone else have plans for the weekend?
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Re: IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!

Post by pugmom »

Tomorrow I'll be doing a bit of cleaning, maybe work on my Christmas cards or sit and read.
Sunday, three of our neighbors are coming over for breakfast (one couple, one single). We'll socially distance on the back patio.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I’ll be doing the same thing as Pam, except vacuuming the house hasn’t even crossed my mind!
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

It's 92 here at 4:43 and we have a heat index of 105. Thanks to all of the rain over the past 2 weeks the grass and weeds are up to my... well, you know. It's too hot to mow, too hot to do anything except sit under a fan.

The good news is that Ghost is eating us out of house and home and his coat is almost back to normal. I can't count his ribs anymore but he still needs to gain about 5 lbs. before I can quit counting his vertebrae. The poor old man has had a rough time of it but he's starting to act normal again (for him).

George had a squamous cell cancer removed on his left arm on Tuesday - 12 stitches, so it was a fairly large area. So in addition to playing vet I'm also the head nurse here.

I also have Sue's wonderful LO to be inspired by, so that's on the agenda along with harvesting and processing herbs and keeping an eye on my neighbor's horses. (Although he says that one of them is mine. George says NO. :lol: )
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Not a lot planned other than the farmer's markets Sunday morning. I hope to get inspired to start scrapping one of the several stacks of photos around me, so we'll see.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

We are going to meet a puppy through a Ohio foster program. A brindle boxer mix. Do not know fathers breed. Greg has been VETTED and questioned and photos of home submitted. Feel like we are adopting a child. This process has been going on for a few weeks.

I have to work on layout for round 20.

No vacuuming today.

That's enough for now.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

pat-czap wrote:We are going to meet a puppy through a Ohio foster program. A brindle boxer mix. Do not know fathers breed. Greg has been VETTED and questioned and photos of home submitted. Feel like we are adopting a child. This process has been going on for a few weeks.

I have to work on layout for round 20.

No vacuuming today.

That's enough for now.
Boxers are the best!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

Surprise birthday party/dinner for my baby sister this afternoon (she is turning 49).

Prepping for two virtual crops next weekend.

No vacuuming :D
Kathy Carr
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I lead such a boring life, I got up with another headache. Laura is causing it!!

Just doing normal cleaning and such. I plan on walking later since I missed the Y this morning.

Pam is your son going to stay in NC? Just wondering.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Laundry, maybe pull a few weeds and
since the Visiting Nurse might be coming on Monday
I'm considering running the vacuum
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I agree with Pam! Boxers are the best, no matter what they're mixed with!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Uh, what’s a vacuum? Oh yeah, that’s what the Roomba is for. :lol:

I’ll be doing a bit of pruning to get my bird sanctuary prepped for arrival of winter birds. They like the shrubs to be close to the ground for hiding in when the Cooper’s Hawk shows up. My jasmine and lantana have gone a bit berserk and I don’t want it choking my neighbor’s overhanging Japanese Maple which I just had a fall migratory Wilson’s Warbler stopping in this morning for a quick snack of bugs.

Then card making...I can’t decide which challenge to post for September...there very well may be two choices. Also have a 75th (brother’s) and a 70th (friend) birthday card to make this weekend plus a “farewell” card for the wildlife biologist I have worked with for the last 5 years. He’s moving on to a new position out of state. So sad to see him leave but happy for this new challenge for him.

Still quite Smokey here but containment of the LNU Lightning Complex near us is about 33% which has stayed the same for several days. We are safe here in Sacramento but the smoke will be here for a long time. The devastation is mind boggling.

I hope you all in the East are safe from any damages by Laura. Thinking of you all.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Back from meeting the puppy. We are going to pass right now. This was a very energetic girl, more than we want right now. I think she was a boxer / pit mix. Her body was short and squat. The search may continue.
Greg really wants a boxer, so we'll see.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I started vacuuming. Joel decided I wasn’t doing it well enough so he took over for me (a skill I have perfected over the years!). I have a roomba but I’m not sure where I stashed it. I also can’t find the two boxes of outdoor lights For my front porch. Apparently stashing is another skill of mine. Chances are they went to the thrift store by mistake!

Yes,I’m old. I had to take a break from scrapbooking. My hips were hurting from the chair I was using.

We’ve had some rain from Laura. Mostly some light winds and thick clouds. Praying for no tornadoes. Chris & Mandee are exploring some towns to see if they are potentials for house hunting. Job hunting is very slow. They desperately want to stay in N.C. so he’s taking his time to find a good fit.

Pat, I know you’ll find a good dog for your family. Hang in there!

Farley - the smoke! Unless you’ve experienced it, you don’t know. I’m so thankful you’re safe and hope it dissipates some soon.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm working on pages for my MIL... her Mother's Day/birthday/Christmas present I was already working on before my FIL passed away. Knowing she'll enjoy these gives me a good reason to continue working on them, and it's fun to see pictures from decades ago.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin