IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
nchoney

Re: IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!

Post by nchoney »

We've been getting some thunder from Laura for the past couple hours. Chevie is not happy so we're up on the bed and I'm watching YouTube videos. Don't know if we'll get much rain. It's supposed to head out to the ocean north of us.

I did a bunch of stamping and coloring with colored pencils. Getting the embellishments done before I start putting pages together. So getting the stamping and die cutting done first. Then I'll have all the embellishments ready to roll!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I was on the road shortly after 7:30 this morning and home just after 10. Opened two weeks' worth of mail & packages and prepped for an online mixed media workshop hosted on Sketchbook Skool with Jane LaFazio instructing; she's one of my favourite mixed media/watercolour artists. Despite losing my internet connection for about 25 minutes - 6 people in the house all online when you want to be streaming is problematic - I did the four exercises: graphite pencil sketch, watercolour sketch over collage, water soluble outline sketch and coloured pencil sketch on vellum. I plan to take some of these supplies back to North Bay with me. Then I had an appointment at the hairdresser. No vacuuming, but I did get the laundry done. Went out for dinner with my family. Tomorrow I'll repack my suitcase with more fall clothes - we now get the occasional frost advisory in North Bay - gather up some sketching supplies and head back.

Pat, good luck with the puppy search. Looks in mixed breeds can be deceiving. The vet thought Cooper was a boxer mix; we had his DNA checked and he's Bull Mastiff/Retriever.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Pat - Check out the Boxer rescues from other States. The one in NC had one of Cedric's brothers surrendered to them several months ago, and they generally have a good selection. They're online and do an evaluation as to their personality, how well they react with children, cats, other dogs, as well as listing any health issues. There is a SC Boxer rescue also that has had some very nice dogs. Maybe since you've been cleared by your rescue that paperwork could be shared with other rescues and would cut down the waiting period.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Thank you for the dog, boxer suggestions. I will pass these on to Greg, as we consider our next move.
We have a friend in Florida, who is pushing for us to adopt a retired Greyhound from Spain, no less! No Spanish required. ;-)
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

My previous optometrist breeds and shows Keeshonds (one of his dogs won Best In Show at Westminster!) and is a Greyhound rescuer. They're wonderful animals but can't take extreme temps - hot and cold - as they've been born and kept in temperature controlled kennels. No shedding, loving, cuddlers. It breaks my heart that retired Greyhounds are put down if they're not considered to be "good breeding stock."
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

It rained!! It poured and we were all doing the happy dance. I hope California gets some to put out the fires! We are getting beautiful sunrises and sunsets thanks to the smoke.