ugh, smoke!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

ugh, smoke!

Post by Monica »

So the running jokes these past few months between Emily and I are who is still playing Jumanji, and who had what on their 2020 bingo card. Last month's winner was square dancing hurricanes in Texas, and we're fairly sure September is burn the west coast. I've reached the point where the coronavirus is barely a blip on the radar, having been trumped by the need to breathe. I'm exhausted by the past few weeks, both physically and mentally, and I so need a vacation from reality! I told my mom this morning that I'm just worn out from the emotional drain of my FIL passing and all that entailed, the constant hum of air purifiers wherever I am and the need to keep using both inhalers while balancing the need to be at work versus not wanting to leave the house, and the worry over family and friends surrounded by all these fires.

Rambling a bit... thanks for reading. Farley, stay inside and stay safe! Debbie, you too! Everyone else, big hugs from me. I've not been that chatty this year but I love to pop on and see everyone's projects, especially the amazing pages you all have been doing with those scraplift challenges!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Re: ugh, smoke!

Post by nchoney »

you stay safe, too, Monica!! Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself safe and just smack anyone else upside the head if they have a problem with it

sadly... I haven't had an opportunity to smack anyone upside the head.. LOL

Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Just sent you a message on FB because I've been worried about all of my Washington family! Thanks for the update!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I wonder what I would do to stay sane if I didn’t have papercrafting? Smoke might be one of the worst things to endure.
Battle fatigue is real.

Everyone - please be safe. You all matter to me.
:happy94:
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Debi... I imagine Gibbs slapping people ALL THE TIME! :lol:

Pam P... saw and responded. :happy94:

Pam C... battle fatigue is about right! Even though our air quality was complete sh*t Monday, finding a little spark of mojo to scrap two pages made worlds of difference.

I'm hanging in here, just not feeling the glass half full I usually do today. :angry48:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

You all know of course that “2020” is the new curse word, right? Just say “2020” when you want to say that other word. It works.

Monica my heart goes out to you with the passing of your FIL and as you say all that that entails. Your stress at work and the crazies that have made it even more difficult on top of Covid and now our beautiful West is on fire just seems like too much and it is. Surely with the change in weather that seems to be happening we’ll see the end of these fires soon. My heart breaks for so many people and what the outlook is for them.

In Sacramento we’ve had 24 straight days of heavy smoke, ash on everything, sadly spectacular sunrises and sunsets WHEN the sun is visible and during the day the sky is a combination of the weirdest colors ever.

It’s a good time to stay inside to read and craft. Let’s ALL be safe and careful.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Right there with ya’ll! Stay safe and sane! The horrid heat has gave us a reprieve the last 2 days and it’s been heavenly. I’ve almost thought about putting on long sleeves for my morning walks but I toughed that 78 degree weather! :-o its been so nice, one of my neighbor ladies tried to convince me that big red ball in the East this morning was the moon and wasn’t it cool. Just shook my head and kept walking, on the next trip around another lady stopped me and asked if it was the moon, that the previous neighbor had told her it was the moon and so I told her let’s just let her keep believing it’s the moon, but we know it’s the sun! That seemed to satisfy her. Such is my life!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:Right there with ya’ll! Stay safe and sane! The horrid heat has gave us a reprieve the last 2 days and it’s been heavenly. I’ve almost thought about putting on long sleeves for my morning walks but I toughed that 78 degree weather! :-o its been so nice, one of my neighbor ladies tried to convince me that big red ball in the East this morning was the moon and wasn’t it cool. Just shook my head and kept walking, on the next trip around another lady stopped me and asked if it was the moon, that the previous neighbor had told her it was the moon and so I told her let’s just let her keep believing it’s the moon, but we know it’s the sun! That seemed to satisfy her. Such is my life!

I’m just trying to process what I just read about the moon! Perhaps the heat got to them? :shock: It’s a good thing that they have a sane neighbor like you to keep them in the know...or at least trying to. Wow.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've been trying to stay on top of how all of my "extended family" on the west coast are faring. This mess is scary.

2020 BEGONE!
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:I've been trying to stay on top of how all of my "extended family" on the west coast are faring. This mess is scary.

2020 BEGONE!
Pam, time to pull out the cauldron, put on the witch's hat, and brew us a potion! ;)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I thought about that last night! I need to work up a good spell.

Oddly enough, the witching community (most of whom should be locked away as they're around the bend nut jobs) did a series of virtual circles for one of the large fires. I can't remember if it was for the west coast or for Australia.
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Woke up this morning to a lot more ash on my car and everything else. Air quality is in the “unhealthy” range. Really? I don’t need an AQI. Just stick your head outside for a second and you’ll know air quality or lack thereof. My heart breaks for everyone in the fire zones.

PamP...do your stuff!

The sun around 8:30 am...but this is nothing compared to photos friends have posted who live just a little closer to the fires.
Attachments
A690538F-E766-43C3-9475-0201D9FCF041.jpeg
A690538F-E766-43C3-9475-0201D9FCF041.jpeg (160.73 KiB) Viewed 334 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I feel for you, Farley! That's just nasty. I ended up going home early yesterday and am home today. I've got way too much sick time accrued and lungs that are just not wanting to deal with the unhealthy air outside. Not to mention the side effects of albuterol usage because I have no choice.

I'm staying inside all weekend, where the air is purified and I can control how much outside air I'm exposed to.

And Pam P, I'm counting on you and that spell!!