The Amazing Digital Scrapbook Race

tichwoli

Re: The Amazing Digital Scrapbook Race

Post by tichwoli »

ok - got word last night that we qualified for the combined layout and the new challenge is up on the forum for the race. They are definitely keeping us on our toes with this and I am being stretched to try new techniques and use some of the awesome array of tools in CS3 that I was not quite ready for.

Chris is an inspiration.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Here is the final layout for the ADSR Challenge #2. It wasn't easy for us, but we managed to finish by the deadline. I love the layout design that Annette came up with, so original!

Now we have to work on Challenge #3. We have to find the first digital layout that we ever posted to a gallery, then update it with what we have learned since then. This one will be much easier, whew!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Beautiful LO! Rusty looks so sad. It's a great interpretation!
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

Wow these are great!! thanks for sharing them ladies!!
Holly

Post by Holly »

Wonderful work ladies. I am throughly enjoying reading about the process, and seeing the results.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I really like this LO...great interpretation of the theme! Well done ladies.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

For challenge #3 we have to remake the first layout we posted to any gallery (not necessarily the first layout ever posted). The photos, title, and journaling had to remain the exact same.

Here is the before:

I made this layout before CS had digitkits. I used the eye dropper tool to use the colors from Chip and Dale to make the papers, then scanned in stickers (acorn and Chip and Dale) to make the die cuts. ETA: This layout was made in March 2007

Here is the after:

I used CS digikits-Let Me Count The Ways (blended 2 papers for the background), Cyprus, and Collections. Techniques I learned since the first layout: rounded corners, torn paper effect, blended papers, and cookie cutter tool (to make journaling block)
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:greenbounce: Great job
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

that is really cute!!
tichwoli

Post by tichwoli »

Great job Chris on the 3rd Challenge and thanks for uploading out joint effort. I have not yet finished my layout for challenge 3 but I am working on it. Hopefully I will have it done later on today.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

I love following this...WAY TO GO LADIES!
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

I've just made my way throught this thread. All the LOs are fabulous. I'm glad you are posting your progress here. WTG. :cool5:
Holly

Post by Holly »

Chris I loved the old version as much as the neew. Both are well done!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Chris, both are wonderful, but I can definitely see how you've grown in your digiscrapping! :)

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

What Monica said!