Asking for prayers, please

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Keitha

Re: Asking for prayers, please

Post by Keitha »

Thinking of you and your family Pat, and sending prayers and healing thoughts. I can't wrap my head around the fact that your quarantine hasn't started yet; does that mean that in the we-hope-unfounded event that you are positive, you wouldn't be contagious yet?
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Dan got a call from health dept. today. He is free to leave his room December 2nd!

Now the health dept. says Greg and I are free to go December 7th. This is our 8th day of being home, December 7th will be 16 days.
We are getting tested on Tuesday, and pray that we are good to go, the results take upwards of 3+ days.

Thanks again for your concern and well wishes!!!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Hang in there! I know this can’t be easy. :happy94:
Pam Cook #48
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

One more day!!! :greenbounce:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I don't know how I missed this post.

I'm glad your son has been cleared for
any activities and I am praying that you
and Greg test negative when you get your
results
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I feel a bit negligent. I forgot to post our Covid test results. Both Greg and I tested negative.

Greg is still working from home. His health and safety person said he has to stay home until the 14th. Seems she is following Dan's release date.

Meanwhile, Dan says a rumor is going round his work that another someone had Covid at the same time as him, and they were allowed to work. Not sure if that person was tested. His shift is short employees, go figure.

Quarantine over today.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

So glad, Pat, that you all have come out of this healthily.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

That's great news, Pat :greenbounce:
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Yes, great news. Thank you all! :happy94:
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Whew! What a relief! So happy for you all. Stay well.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

My daughter Shelly who is ED nurse called this evening to let me one of my favorite supervisors at work has died from COVID and a neighbor couple we loved died hours apart from each other. They are getting slammed, for a small town of 5,000 it’s terrible. They usually have to life flight them to Billings, Montana but they are refusing to take them because they are at 200% capacity. If they are likely to recover they are life flighting to Denver, the rest making as comfortable as possible. She said they are telling the nursing home to keep their residents who have it as comfortable as possible and. It to bring to the hospital, so sad
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Wow Debbie. Sorry to hear this news. Here in my corner of NW Ohio, we are at capacity as well. OB beds in 2 local hospitals are being rearranged to handle more covid patients. Males are those who are predominately dying. I am so looking forward to the day this virus is kicked to the curb.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

This is a scary time. Hospitals are ALWAYS over capacity through flu season and the covid patients are making it worse. Stay home as much as possible, wash your hands, keep your distance from other people, disinfect your home regularly (toilet handles, faucets & handles, light switches, door knobs...), get out in the sun every chance you can and supplement with Vit D, zinc, and elderberry, keep your stress level as low as you can...do I sound like a broken record?
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie, I am so very sorry.

Here in California we are no better. 90% of our state including Sacramento region is in the "purple" tier. In other words the worst. We are looking in a few days possibly shutting down with Shelter In Place orders once again. It all depends on ICU bed % availability. I'm either at home or in my car, car birding but not in any stores, POs or elsewhere. All my shopping including groceries has been online since March. It's going to be a very quiet Christmas. One of my closest friends told me today that her husband tested positive. She tested negative but is in quarantine and taking care of him. Both in their 80s and his health was already in jeopardy. Not good.

Pam your broken record advice is always welcomed.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Adam had been worried because he's had a lingering cough and constantly blowing his nose. I asked him if anyone at work had been sick, and he said no. We discussed his symptoms, I told him he had a cold and what to take, which he all but refuses to do as he hates taking meds. He insisted on going to work every day, and then yesterday at work his chest started hurting. He went all the way to Cheraw for a test since they give quick responses there and he was negative. Made an appt. for this morning with the doctor, who told him he has the common cold. She gave him prescriptions for basically what I had already given him, so now he's in his room, steaming, taking vitamins and decongestants, and feeling grateful that a cold is all he has.

Knowing what the symptoms are can help make your decision as to whether or not you go for testing: Fever, dry cough, chills with or without fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste, sore throat, muscle aches, fatigue, head aches, tingling in feet and hands (rare but has been observed). Please bear in mind that there are a lot of people who have only mild symptoms or possibly none at all. Adam actually had none of these symptoms - he had a productive cough, no fever or chills, no loss of appetite or taste, no aches.

I think Adam did the right thing because he was concerned, especially since he's working full time during his break (wearing a mask and gloves), and had just spent a few hours over the past weekend "hanging out" with some friends. (None of them are showing any symptoms and are being cautious.) It's better to be sure than to be late with a diagnosis. If caught early, there's a 99% recovery rate for those who are in good health and don't have critical underlying health issues.

And follow Pam C's advice - sunshine, Vitamin D, Zinc and elderberry. All of these boost your immune system and help diminish oxidative stress.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com