Crafty goals for 2021

Keitha

Crafty goals for 2021

Post by Keitha »

I've waited until the last minute to think about my crafty goals for next year, but do need some as I'm far more productive when I see those accomplishments. For me quantified goals work best - number of pages and projects, etc. This year was a success because my goals were realistic based on the previous few years, and because I had so much more free time. I've also discovered I'm way less motivated if I'm not working toward some kind of deadline or goal - so especially when I have vast amounts of time at my disposal the goals are even more important.
I'm still working out what I hope to achieve in 2021, and wondered what others were considering. One of my biggest challenges seems to be focus - so if you've got any tips for harnessing that I'm all ears.
pamcook

Re: Crafty goals for 2021

Post by pamcook »

I’ve been thinking about this for a few weeks now. Last year I was able to create a page a day for a few months. I didn’t start out the year with that goal - it just sort of happened.
I have a couple of goals in mind. Working on formulating a plan to make them happen.
Like Keitha, I’m curious to know what you all are thinking.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

My crafty goals for 2021 are to actually use all the new stamps and dies that I bought in 2020.
I also want to get a jump start on holiday cards that I send to special people (Valentines, Easter, etc),make a supply of get well, hello, and sympathy cards, and make all the special birthday cards that I need for the year during the first few months. Then I can work on scrapbook pages.

Yep, we'll see if all that happens. I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Sue, I've been in a slump, too. I like your goal of using those "virgin" supplies and tools.

I think the first thing I'm going to do is reacquaint myself with what I have and then clean up the mess I've made. There may be some purging in my future during that process.

I loved the challenge to myself to take and scrap at least one photo per month. I may do that again. It actually inspired me to do more and tell the stories more fully.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Sue, great idea to make those cards early in the year so you have them ready. Especially the sympathy/get well ones; I find those hardest to just whip out when I need them. I did make a small stash a couple years ago, but 2020 was a rough year and my stash is now depleted again.
Pam, great idea to take/scrap one photo per month. While lots of months might involve more scrapping, at least that way you've got a smattering of current photos/stories in your album.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Well I have another order on the way from SU for more supplies. I just make cards any more so that is what I will be sticking with.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

My crafty goal is to put all my stamps in Evernote so I can find what I want.
Organize, organize organize
Wish me luck!
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

2020 December Daily
2020 COVID album
365 layouts
Handmake 100 christmas cards
Kathy Carr
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

4nancie wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:57 am My crafty goal is to put all my stamps in Evernote so I can find what I want.
Organize, organize organize
Wish me luck!
I did this last year and it was so worth it. I use my stamps so much more!!
Kathy Carr
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Better late than never... my goal is to get everything back into my scrapbook room... and what doesn't fit, goes to someone else. And I've already started pulling papers to purge... and last night I put 6 12x12 sheets (or what's left on them) of cardstock stickers into the bye-bye box. I'm not using them... I keep moving them around... I keep making sure they're safe from possible flooding... what the heck??? they're sticker sheets that I'm not using... that's way too much energy being invested in them... one of them hadn't even been opened and the Tuesday Morning sticker said I only paid $1.99 for the sheet. So... those will probably go to the church youth group. I need to ask them right now if they'd like this stuff. :)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

In March 2020, my craft room became my permanent home office. I've always had space for a computer, for stuff like connecting to the cricut and downloading embroidery designs and whatnot, but now I need space to actually work. The result has been more clutter piled higher at the opposite end of the table from my work setup. So I need to make a plan to get organized better. I'm also past due for a purge of a large storage cabinet that's been a catch all for years. There's quite a bit of home dec fabric that I know I will never use, and even though Nicole has picked through it for various projects, once she's gone to college there won't be anyone wanting to raid the stash.

Of course another main goal is to just spend more time scrapbooking and playing with paper. I'm four full years behind - I can't believe I ever let it get that far gone. But I'm not going to stress about it. I probably only have enough photos for 2020 that I'll be able to fit it in one album (as opposed to my typical three).

My other crafty goals are more the kind that happen in the kitchen. I've started to do a lot of fermenting. :drunk: So much so that I had to get a planner to make sure I didn't start something only to have multiple batches overlap on big processing days. I've got a Cabernet Sauvignon that's going to be ready to bottle next weekend, and a whole bunch of other small batch brews in varying stages on the side. And once the Cab is bottled, I've got a Pinot Grigio kit that's waiting in the wings once I can get all of the equipment sterilized again.

Basically my objective in 2021 is going to be to get my hands busy again. For several years, all my hands have done are type and work a remote control. As long as I'm putting them to use in some hobby form, I'll consider that as meeting the goal.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Only three more cards to make and I will have all the birthday and anniversary cards that I need for 2021!!!!!!
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pugmom wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:47 pm Only three more cards to make and I will have all the birthday and anniversary cards that I need for 2021!!!!!!
You are amazing. I need to make 2 Valentines and I’m struggling. Ugh.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've set a new goal for myself. Since permission was given during one of our recent posts for reuse of cards sent to us, I'm going to pull out the hundreds that I have and "recondition" them. I've been in contact with the group that I posted that collects and sends cards to deployed servicemen to send to their families back home. They accept all sizes and holidays, so all of the beautiful cards that I've received in the past will be cherished again.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

i used lots of our Christmas swap cards for the folks in Ocracoke back in 2019 - but now I have a huge collection of all sorts of other cards... I hate to part with them but I know it'd be super for someone else to be able to enjoy them, too.

So... maybe I can take some photos of them and scrapbook those photos.... still being able to view and remember all the cool cards... but then re-purposing them and donating them.

After working really hard to get all the stacks of stuff organized, I wound up with LOTS of gorgeous cards in one container. We've swapped a LOT of cards. :)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com