using 3x4 and 4x6 cards

Keitha

using 3x4 and 4x6 cards

Post by Keitha »

I'd like to find some sketches that use 3x4 and 4x6 PL-type cards on regular 12x12 layouts, preferably more than just one at a time. In addition to the cards I rarely use cut-apart papers either, so would like some ideas for getting them on my layouts. Anyone have resources for those?
pbp908

Re: using 3x4 and 4x6 cards

Post by pbp908 »

I don't have any resources for this, but I do use the dratted things. (They breed like coat hangers in an empty closet!) I've done several things with them - fussy cut them to use the images as embellishments, punched them into various shapes, put them behind photos as mats - single and stacked both work, cut them down and used them as journaling blocks, and tossed them in the garbage when I couldn't imagine a use for them. Sometimes you have to be ruthless with them!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks Pam. I don't really have that many but should probably have a ruthless purge anyway, that way I might actually see and use what's left.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Back in 2017 we did a challenge using PL type cards. I went to the challenge forum and searched "project life". Several posts came up. Lots of great layouts.
I'll look at other sites as well.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I found several good videos on youtube this afternoon with ways to use them. Also found a great LO video, too.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I looked up project life cards, and what do I see but a few layouts I did!

Proof that you can do anything! Ha Ha
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I struggle with those cutapart cards as well. One thing I've tried doing (and it's kind of like a challenge I issue to myself), is that when one of my scrapbook generation kits has a sheet of those cards, I try to go through my stash and find a similar collection of papers as the SG kit. So, like, if there was one cutapart sheet, two different small prints, a large print, and a stripe, then I go to my stash and try to put together a similar "kit". Then, when I'm following the cutting diagram for the SG kit, I actually do it all twice and re-use those instructions on the stuff I've pulled from my stash.

It's definitely a challenge, so I have to be in just the right mood to take it on. But when it works, it's been a great way to get rid of those cutapart sheets. Of course, the alternative is to just ignore the cutaparts and use the patterned paper on the flip side. :-) I do that way more than I actually use the cards.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO