Craft room

jfugina

Re: Craft room

Post by jfugina »

OK, the library cart is absolutely brilliant! I immediately did a survey around my craft room to try to figure out if I could fit one in here in any way shape or form. And I don't think I can. I am such a sucker for storage on wheels when it comes to my craft room. :D I think if it were only 2.5' tall and could wheel underneath one of my countertops, I'd figure out a way to put one of those to use.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Deb- didn’t you get a screaming deal on those carts?

They do seem to be perfect if you have the floor space (I don’t). I don’t even have space for a Raskog (sp?).
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

When we were trying to help Ocracoke, the librarian had finally asked for something, some library carts. I got one donated and then kept looking everywhere. Kept checking on Amazon, too. They had an amazing price on a few that had damaged boxes and may have been missing small parts. They were roughly $50 each on this sale. Regularly about $400, I think. We ordered one and Mike built it while I was at work. He out some of my stamps and dies on it and sent me a photo. So I immediately ordered one for myself!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Just checked. We paid $65 and normally this cart is about $300

And the boxes had a little damage but no parts were missing. I'm guessing they had a pallet of them fall and they didn't want to waste time figuring out where some loose parts belonged.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Just saw this on Facebook and then didn't feel bad about my quantity of cardstock.
FB_IMG_1612741827837.jpg
FB_IMG_1612741827837.jpg (66.65 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I’m speechless. Excess gives me the heebie jeebies.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

She might be a demonstrator. Makes sense with the quantity of single colors. And the InkPad storage too.
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Monica

Post by Monica »

that's insane
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I agree with the demonstrator guess. I can't imagine why on earth there would be a need for such a tall stack of a single color, unless you were doing classes. My entire spectrum of "blue" might fit in one of those drawers, and there's not likely more than 4 of any exact shade. White is the only color I get in an entire pack of the same color.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I’m sure the color we see is a panel at the front of the drawer but it’s still excessive. And I’ll agree, possibly a business person but I have seen rooms with much more.
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

pamcook wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:36 pm I’m sure the color we see is a panel at the front of the drawer but it’s still excessive. And I’ll agree, possibly a business person but I have seen rooms with much more.

I was thinking a panel on the front, too. Especially looking at the polka dots and the 2 blue plaids. That's still a heck of a lot of paper anyway you dress it.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Got a great idea from someone's video. She got it from someone else. Mike put up these cup hooks yesterday and I put my standard graduated sets of dies on rings and hung them up for easy access. No more hunting in the bins.
IMG_20210208_9369.jpg
IMG_20210208_9369.jpg (70.66 KiB) Viewed 68 times
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

I do something similar with the hoard of Club Scrap papers I accumulated and hadn't used. Originally, I kept them "organized" by kit but finally realized I wasn't using them that way & got similar drawers & divided by colors...I use them so much more, now...but am embarrassed at how much there is.

I also like that idea of organizing dies, Debi. Die organization seems to be my current dilemma. What works now, doesn't always work later. I keep thinking I should have my grandson create a spreadsheet of what I have so I could possibly find them easier & (hahahahaha) not duplicate (hahahahaha). :roll: I did utilize a list on Karen Burniston's facebook group and discovered two duplications (which will be going to re(create)); but have since acquired more sets and didn't mark them off...keeping current would be a good habit. :roll:
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

That's a great idea for the dies, if you've got the space to hang them. Beki, keeping an inventory current is an ongoing battle for sure. I mostly rely on looking at where I have things stored as opposed to a list to see if I've got something, but do keep written inventories of my colour mediums (distress inks, alcohol inks, watercolour paints) as it's all too easy to be in a store and forget I have something. For those I use Evernote because I can easily pull it up on my phone as well as my computer, and they aren't complicated lists. And for mixed media and colour mediums I maintain my swatch book, which is an invaluable resource here in the Glitter Grotto. I've saved a ton of time by referring to that to decide what colours I need, rather than auditioning a few selects every time I do a project.
For anyone who's a Tim Holtz fan/product hoarder :lol: he said on his Live on Saturday that they're launching a new inventory system later this year. The old TH app was problematic on a number of fronts, but the new one should be good across all platforms from what I understand. With the old app I always hated that when you upgraded your device you had to populate your inventory yet again from scratch, and a phone or so ago stopped bothering.
Debi, you're encouraging me to get back to my own organization - keep going!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Since we're talking die storage now.... I redid my table a bit because the drawer I had my Sizzix and TH dies in was too full and too irritating to find things in. So I repurposed photo boxes for storage and have them on the table where I can easily flip through them. They're sorted by category as well, making it even easier to find something when I'm looking for it. And yes, the plastic totes and the black folders right behind the photo boxes are more dies. I may have a problem... :lol:

In the second photo you can see the general scrap box where it can be easily used, and to the right of it is a photo box with clear envelopes I have diecuts sorted in. I still need to find a little garbage container for the table, but for now I'm using a little tin pail I've had forever.

Directly behind the diecutting station is my paper storage, with a basket that holds specialty papers and 8x8 pads. Easy to dig through for what I want and cut!
Attachments
20210131_145005.jpg
20210131_145005.jpg (105.11 KiB) Viewed 62 times
20210131_145011.jpg
20210131_145011.jpg (108.02 KiB) Viewed 62 times
20210131_145839.jpg
20210131_145839.jpg (109.5 KiB) Viewed 62 times
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin