Craft room

Keitha

Re: Craft room

Post by Keitha »

I often buy unmounted red rubber stamps because they're most cost effective, but do like them cushioned so typically add EZMount to the backs. It's adhesive on one side and cling on the other, so works on a stamp block or stamping platform - and for larger stamps I definitely use a platform as well. I don't have such a large collection of WM that it would be onerous to unmount them, but am concerned that I could get them cleanly off the wood blocks. Guess the first couple I try will be ones I don't care about, until I perfect my technique.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Keitha, use an X-Acto knife to tease the rubber loose of its cushion, That's what I found works best to get it going, and to scrape away any cushion that sticks. I've also heard microwaving it for ten seconds will warm the adhesive and assist too, but I never think of that when I'm actually unmounting something! Undo helps to loosen stubborn adhesive as well. I still have several stamps that need the last of the cushion removed. That's the part I find tedious to deal with.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks for the tips, Monica.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Microwaving the stamps briefly really does help pull the rubber and mounting foam off cleanly. Most of the CS and Stampin Up stamps come off easily.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Keitha wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:46 pm Debi, I'm doing whatever the online equivalent is of not listening to you talk about getting rid of postbound albums; they're still my preference, and it's getting harder and harder to find ones I like.
I've saved some.... and I'm thinking there are still more lurking somewhere... but then I can never be sure because my post-storm addled brain can't remember what's been flooded and is just gone. Once I get through the last few storage totes in the other room, I'll know for sure what I do (or don't) have.

These are also from back over 12 years ago, I'd guess. Not sure I was in love with the designs back then but they were maybe $3 or $4 at Tuesday Morning or some other discount store so I bought them! LOL Most of them were tucked way up high on a shelf so they didn't get lost in Irene and that was in 2011. I used to use them and add extenders to the posts... and then I wound up with thick albums with page ends showing... hmmm... maybe I should move some of those to the 3-ring binders. LOL ... another time, perhaps
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I wound up unmounting all of my wood-mounted stamps (including years of Club Scrap ones) because the wood got mucky when the house flooded. So I soaked them in soapy water (hoping the wood would clean up.. but it was still growing mold) and the soapy water helped loosen the glue on most of them.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com