My Sewing/Craft Room

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
mpizzazz

My Sewing/Craft Room

Post by mpizzazz »

With recent posts of craft rooms, I decided to show you mine which is our small third bedroom. I may still rearrange contents of the shelves and drawers but furniture placement should stay the same. I like things out of sight not only for a visual rest but to avoid fading of fabric and paper.

The little red cabinets under the window are the only furniture we brought with us. Ray bought them a few decades ago at IKEA and I've always wanted them. They have rulers, cutters, fabrics for planned projects, pencils, pens, etc. Anything that will fit in those shallow drawers. I rotate things to display on the top and walls. The stacked boxes on the floor are the best thing I ever bought at Costco. They hold inks, inkpads, tapes, ribbon, washi, decorative scissors, etc. and take up 12" of floor space if all stacked together.

The 3 closets opposite the window wall all had hanging rods. Ray took them out of 2 of them and installed the shelves. Cardmaking, Christmas craftmaking, knitting, embroidery, craft tools, stamps-all unmounted, embossing folders, dies, machines, embellishments, take up the 5 narrow shelves. The printer has since been removed so I have another shelf I can spread out a bit more.

Wide shelves are all my paper on the bottom in pizza boxes and a few plastic paper holders, fabric, quilts that need work-some I am refurbishing or making smaller. Top shelf is finished quilts I will rotate on display and some rolls of paper.

In the third closet, quilt tops and backing over rod. Batting and some backing like flannelette on top shelf of third closet. I hope to find another spot for vacuum and steam mop then I might put in a lower hanging rod.

The legs of the tables and my big cutting mat were shipped, I found the wire basket thing in one of the closets here. Table top and chair from IKEA.
Attachments
Left Wall Small.JPG
Left Wall Small.JPG (49.96 KiB) Viewed 491 times
Crafts and Quilting Shelves small 2.JPG
Crafts and Quilting Shelves small 2.JPG (49.55 KiB) Viewed 491 times
View from Door small.JPG
View from Door small.JPG (20.84 KiB) Viewed 491 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pbp908

Re: My Sewing/Craft Room

Post by pbp908 »

I imagine it feels more like home now that you have a workspace, which BTW looks super organized!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a great space!
I can’t wait to see what all you create there. Please post photos.
Pam Cook #48
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

This looks very inviting Marianne and very organized. I can't wait to see your creations.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Very inviting craft space! I'm sure you'll enjoy spending time quilting and crafting there.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Wonderful space!! And, yes, we want to see all the things you make!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh hooray Marianne! Having your craft room set up must feel great and will definitely inspire your creativity. I can’t wait to see your projects here.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks, All! I know it looks very sparse but I like things out of sight and don't want a lot more stuff after all the purging I did last year.

So far I've made 1 card! I am finishing up UFOs that came on the ship and will donate them somewhere. Absence did make the heart grow fonder for some of them after not seeing them for 6-8 months. Will post photos eventually.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

This looks great! I agree that it all looks very organized. I've got a single cabinet where the bulk of my sewing related stuff is in, and it doesn't look anything like that at all. :oops:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Looks great Marianne
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

It looks so good and organized. I’m not there yet.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina