April Challenge!

pamcook

April Challenge!

Post by pamcook »

I know you’re all anxiously awaiting the challenge. :creating:
I’ll do my best to get it posted during the day tomorrow. I forgot to have coffee today and my brain isn’t happy with me.
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Re: April Challenge!

Post by pamcook »

Okay - I did it!
Your challenge this month is to use this sketch for inspiration. Please remember that you can use any part or all of the sketch and it counts. Maybe it reminded you of a feathered or sunburst paper/sketch/stamp in your stash - whatever!
D63A40F6-9372-4558-8A97-C9DEFEEB50EC.jpeg
D63A40F6-9372-4558-8A97-C9DEFEEB50EC.jpeg (71.33 KiB) Viewed 366 times
OR
Use 3 shades of one color.
OR
Mixed media of any sort. Stamps, splatters, stencils, paint,
Mist, texture media - whatever!

HERE’S THE BEST PART!!!! Use all three and EARN 50 BONUS POINTS!! Yes! I said 50 BONUS POINTS!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!
860661B9-4865-4B2A-8908-400D75CF890D.jpeg
860661B9-4865-4B2A-8908-400D75CF890D.jpeg (170.7 KiB) Viewed 366 times
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I love the stamp below the photo. It's absolutely perfect - that photo looks like he maybe just got away with something. :lol:

I'm totally up for this challenge. My big decision will be whether I want to scour my photos and find a single photo to use, or use this as part of a two page spread. Either way, count me in. I love the sketch and I love your sample.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Wow - I'm the first entry. How exciting! I decided to do a two-pager, because I had more photos that went together. The photo quality is terrible because I printed them with my photo printer, and it printed all streaky, so I've ordered more ink and will give it another go and replace the photos. I also think I'm going to do something else with page 2, because the splatters went not at all where I wanted them to. After this challenge, three bottles of mist went into the trash. They probably all need to go. LOL. Anyway, here's the challenge page, and it's companion page. I think I got two out of three of the challenges - the sketch, and the mixed media. Pulled out my "After Five" stamp set from CS - so that was fun! Thanks for the challenge Pam!
wine_small.jpg
wine_small.jpg (157.55 KiB) Viewed 339 times
wine2_small.jpg
wine2_small.jpg (146.93 KiB) Viewed 339 times
Julie Fugina
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

What a fun layout, Julie! Great new hobby to take up during Stay at Home last year! Did you take out the sprayers of the mists and soak them in a sink of warm water to get rid of the dried up spray? That sometimes gets them moving again.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I have some of those Tim Holtz mini misters, and I don't intend to just sacrifice those. But the rest of them just need to go. I've tried soaking and cleaning the nozzles, but I probably just let them sit for far too long. And to be honest, all of the mists I've ever tried did nothing but give me fits and make a massive mess when they were new. I think I'm just not cut out for those. The only saving grace about the mist effect on this layout is that it pretty much looks like the kitchen counters and floors look after I got done racking the malbec today, and trying to clean the bucket with the sludge. Heh. The color of the mist I used is called "merlot", so this was a great layout to use it on before it was chucked.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:clap:
Lovely pages Julie! I’m so happy you joined in!

I almost never use the sprayers. I unscrew the top and tap the side of the top which flicks the small amount of mist that’s in the tube onto the paper. Another popular trick is to use a fan brush. Put the brush in the bottle, tap the excess inside the bottle, hold the brush over the area where you want mist and tap the brush handle with your other hand. You might want to rescue those mists!

Here’s a video done by one of my heros.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZKlOCG1RM
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great subject to scrap, Julie. It's nice to see your pages again.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Julie - If you're getting streaks with your photo printer you might also need to clean the nozzles and then do a test to see if it needs more than that.

This is the day when I introduced Macie to Bailey. She was feeding her pieces of leftover peppermint candy from Christmas. Unfortunately I startled Bailey with the camera, but I still love the picture.
Attachments
MacieMeetsBailey.jpg
MacieMeetsBailey.jpg (199.61 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Oh I really love that layout Pam. I agree that's a really great photo.

And thanks for the printer tip. My big worry is that this printer has gone too long between uses. This particular printer has some self-diagnostic tools, and I did them all. After going through a head cleaning and a printer re-alignment, the streaks were worse. So I'm going to try a new ink cartridge, and then maybe try the diagnostics again. If that doesn't work, then I guess I just let it fall into disrepair due to lack of frequent use.
Julie Fugina
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Really nice layout Pam. I agree, that photo's a keeper.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's a beautiful page, memory, and photo!

Is the feather a die cut? I have a feather set and need to just cut a few to have on hand. That one is really pretty!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The feather is from a package of 7 Gypsies stickers that I purchased several years ago. I think they were on a clearance rack because it's not ordinarily something I'd purchase. I spritzed the heck out of it to change the color to grey. I had a blue feather that I found in the backyard but for some reason it's flown the coop. :shock: I'll probably find it under one of the rolling carts when I clean.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh, okay. It’s very pretty and great idea to change the color.
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

It's a perfect beautiful page.
It's amazing how little kids get animals to react.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois