6x6 paper pad class

Got one? Know of a good one?
jfugina

Re: 6x6 paper pad class

Post by jfugina »

I'm not sure why I don't use my 6x6s for die cuts more often, Debi. That's an absolutely perfect use for them. I almost never use a patterned paper for die cuts though. My die cuts almost exclusively get cut out of POPs. But that's a whole other thread. LOL!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

Is this for making 6x6 layouts or just 6x6 pads to make 12x12 layouts? I don’t ever make layouts in the 6x6 format.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Using 6x6 pads for 12x12 layouts buts she will show size variations as well.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

Thanks Pam, I think I’ll take it. Price is right.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Her video explains very thoroughly how the class will present and the schedule.

Like others, I've taken some very poor classes. Allison has been around for a long time. I have high hopes!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've very tempted to order the Vicki Boutin 6x6 pad just for this class.

It's a 6x8 but what the heck?! I bit. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Lalalalalala...I can’t hear you....
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Between the Shimelle class and this one, I'll be propelled through some layouts. I even think I signed up for something else, too. I can't remember. I'm going to work through a few years of re(create) photos. Plenty of sizes of paper for both classes. And plenty of photos!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I signed up for the class downloaded the sketches.
and lost a lot of stuff on laptop. IT CRASHED!!

I have a new laptop now but how do I get the sketches back?
I went back to site to download again but it went to the class price.
I logged in and still did it. I guess I'll just play along.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I got them.

I got a reply as to where to download them from.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Wonderful... that was going to be my suggestion... just contact them and I figured they'd steer you in the right direction... and they did.. whohhooooo

I've already pulled out a bunch of those little paper pads and then I'm going to sort them with some photos so I'll be ready to roll. :)

I bought some of their other e-books of sketches, too... a bunch of great ideas ;)
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Debi, in addition to the sketches you bought there are lots of Allison Davis and Scrapbook Generation sketches available free online if you search for them. I think SG does a regular free sketch in their FB group as well. And way back in the day, Scrapbook Generation published a magazine called CREATE, and you can still see the complete issues online. The magazines include sketches and layout samples as well; I still browse those for ideas occasionally. Probably a majority of double-page spreads as that's what was popular then, but also some singles - and often one side of their 2-pagers work for a single page as well.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Julie... I usually cut my diecut shapes from scraps of cardstock... even though there ARE patterned papers in my scraps...

now that I have my regular shape dies hanging on the hooks on the wall, though... they'll be more handy and I can cut things like circles, squares, hexagons, etc. to add to pages :)
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

So I bit, and I bought the class. I'm going to do my best to follow along. The sketches themselves are about what I expected. The designer does seem to gravitate to a bazillion cuts of teeny tiny bits that get put back together in a different order. It's a totally great way to utilize small papers of all kinds, but I don't tend to to gravitate toward mosaic sorts of layouts. Hopefully with the tutorials and weekly suggestions it will be loads more fun than just cutting and cutting and cutting for hours and hoping to not lose any little tiny pieces along the way.

That said though, I think I'm going to do what Debi did and go ahead and pull out my small paper pads and get them paired with a sketch so that each week is queued up and ready to go. I might go ahead and pair with photos too, but I'm more interested in just getting some layouts made and getting those papers used up a bit more.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I hope to be able to keep up with the class but I'm always so appreciative of being able to go back - either to watch for the first time, or review that information. Last evening I finally printed all the sketches.
Maybe it's time for me to start keeping class dates on my calendar. My brain is retaining less. Too much stress. I don't want to miss anything and the stressful stuff pushes the fun stuff so far back in my brain...

Also want to say, I hope everyone will post their pages for this class here on PAO. It'll be fun to see familiar faces in the class forum (assuming there is one???) but more fun to see everyone here.
Pam Cook #48