making 6x6 page kits

New tricks to amaze your friends
Keitha

making 6x6 page kits

Post by Keitha »

As we've been talking 6x6 paper pads this might be interesting if you have some partial pads you want to get used up, especially if you make page kits. I follow Dorothy of Scrapbooking Quebec on YT, and in this video she shares putting together several page kits from what's left in a 6x6 paper pad, starting at the 7:45 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYz7IqKhNas
If you listen to the end, she talks about how she plans to finish up the Scrapbook Generation 6x6 paper pad class during this quarter. She says she doesn't purchase a new scrapbook class until the previous one is finished; I'm just thinking of the money I'd have saved over the years, LOL.
pamcook

Re: making 6x6 page kits

Post by pamcook »

Thanks for this link. I love using page kits but I’m very lazy about taking the time to put them together. Last night, I spent 30 minutes and made several of them while printing photos. Today I’ll find some sketches to add to the kits and more embellishments - maybe add some cut files to a few.

I’ve never made kits with 6x6 papers in mind. I do pull from my scraps as I’m making them. So, not that different, maybe?
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:25 am Thanks for this link. I love using page kits but I’m very lazy about taking the time to put them together. Last night, I spent 30 minutes and made several of them while printing photos. Today I’ll find some sketches to add to the kits and more embellishments - maybe add some cut files to a few.
I’ve never made kits with 6x6 papers in mind. I do pull from my scraps as I’m making them. So, not that different, maybe?

Always fun to hear others' process; I find it interesting that you print photos and pull papers before you choose sketches. Once I know what group of photos I want to scrap I always start with the sketch so I know how many and what size photos I need, and how many papers I need if I'm taking the kit somewhere else to scrap. For scrapping at home I don't put papers in my kits ahead of time as my papers are well organized by subject, so I'm only considering a single file's worth when I pull them. The exception would be if there's something odd I know I want to use on a particular layout, so I don't forget.
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

Keitha wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:46 am I'm just thinking of the money I'd have saved over the years, LOL.
Me too Keitha. If only . . .
Kathy Carr
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I made a trip to Tuesday Morning. Found a pack of the foam applicator pads for Distress Inks and a 6x6 paper pad. I am so ashamed... Okay, not that much. It’s a summer travel design that doesn’t feature pool/beach motifs. Good colors and some nice tone on tone papers. And I’m taking that class and we’re planning a summer trip to visit Kenan & his parents, and that’s how I ended up buying it when I said I wasn’t buying any more.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Sounds like you'll put that paper pad to good use, Pam.

When I'm kitting things up, I usually have the photos pulled first... and any embellishments that are specifically linked to those photos... and then papers and cardstock ... and then I have some general embellishments (stickers, dots, washi) that I just dig through and add as needed. And I need to get busy putting some kits together so I can scrap with these two classes I signed up for... and for re(create). May do a bunch of Silhouette cutting and have kits of layered diecuts to assemble at re(create). I have a bunch of things to cut and i don't take the time to do it when I'm sitting down putting the layouts together.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm never quite sure about folks who are setting up a "kit" of things to use during a month. It looks like she's trying hard to embrace that idea, but she has added things to her "kit" from a wide variety of topics... so she's giving herself a ton of leeway. Shimelle has been doing some month-long kits of things and scrapping with them. I'm betting she's not limiting her month to just that kit... just what she shows us.. LOL

Thanks for the link to her.... I like the few layouts that she showed in this video so I'm adding her to my viewing list now... I like her style a lot!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nchoney wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:43 am I'm never quite sure about folks who are setting up a "kit" of things to use during a month. It looks like she's trying hard to embrace that idea, but she has added things to her "kit" from a wide variety of topics... so she's giving herself a ton of leeway. Shimelle has been doing some month-long kits of things and scrapping with them. I'm betting she's not limiting her month to just that kit... just what she shows us.. LOL

Thanks for the link to her.... I like the few layouts that she showed in this video so I'm adding her to my viewing list now... I like her style a lot!
The only time a kit like that would be helpful for me is if I have some products I really want to get used up. IF I do take the time to do that, I put a lot of pressure on myself to use it. For instence, right now, I have two sticker sheets I am SO VERY sick of looking at - they're on top of my RAK box for the beach. IF I don't use them before I leave, they'll go inside the box. I think it's because I scrapbook photos from Cara, Chris and my camera that it would be difficult to come up with a kit that would really work. Plus, I have everything at my fingertips - so, unless it's something I really want to use up...

Now that I've said all that, I do buy Shimelle's BOBW but I don't always use up the kit each month and I do substitute products from my stash from time to time. AND I enjoy watching others work from a kit (Christy Harriman, Sara Scraps, Donna Guinan, Shannon Allor...).
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I joined but not sure how much I'll get done.
I already did one page a while back with 2 papers.
I didn't realize I was doing
the class before it was started.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois