Ok Peloton People

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
gwendols

Ok Peloton People

Post by gwendols »

In the last month I have been completely sucked into the Peloton community. I ordered my bike April 2nd and scheduled delivery is May 18th. In the meantime I've been doing walking workouts with the app on our existing treadmill. I really like that it's helping me to mix up my walking workouts and I look forward to doing them. In the last month I've been much more consistent on doing workouts. I am really looking forward to getting my bike.

I know one or two of you have Peloton's (Farley I know for sure). Let me know your user names and I'd love to have you as a buddy. My user name is gogogodfry. :D
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
jmp1022

Re: Ok Peloton People

Post by jmp1022 »

I just got back into the pool. It feels so good.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Jill I bet. I loved doing aqua Zumba from time to time. So much fun!
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I miss Zumba and water aerobics. Hopefully when I retire...
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Gwen that is awesome and I love your name! I think I am PaddleGal52. Very original, ha!

I’ve been doing Pilates at home and have 2 friends with pools. We all belonged to the same club and did aquafit 3 times a week. We alternate now at their pools and do our own aquafit. I admit Gwen that I haven’t been on the bike for a few months. But when I get back I will be sure to let you know I’m spinning again.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I don't own any of their equipment, but I've had a subscription to their app for two+ years. I never use it, I'm ashamed to say. But I keep paying for it because it's not ridiculously expensive, and I keep thinking that some day I will in fact want to get back to it. I love that they have so many workouts that don't require their specific equipment. I've done a few treadmill workouts, and some of their yoga and stretching ones. One would think that during an entire year at home I could have gotten into the habit of walking across the damn basement over lunch and doing something for 20 minutes. Nope.

Anyway, I don't think I have any kind of super clever name or anything - I'm just jfugina. I did just log in and follow you both, Gwen and Farley. :-) Maybe some accountability is what I need.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

I’ve been contemplating going back to the gym. I’ve had both shots and my gym is not that crowded....until I make up my mind I’ll keep doing our 3x a week water aerobics. Wish I had room for a bike, my house is tiny.
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

I hear ya Debbie, ours is too. Currently I am going through old boxes of scrap stuff that got moved when I redid my room 13 years ago. I was throwing out so much stuff - old page kits, ancient scrapbook books and magazines, etc. Our basement is divided really strangely - 3 rooms. We have a smaller room, medium sized middle room and then the larger area is storage, washing machines and furnace. The middle room is where we have our treadmill so I'm planning to put it there.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Okay Gwen and Julie! I got your “friend” and friended you back. Now maybe as Julie says feel some accountability.

Finding a place for exercise equipment is always a challenge. My Peloton is right smack in my living room off to the side near my big windows that view bird feeders, LOL. Not an ideal spot and maybe one of these days I’ll move it but there isn’t any easy place to move it too. So there it will sit and hopefully be used.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I've got a treadmill and a recumbent bike in the basement looking out a nice big picture window to the back yard. Hanging next to that window is a decent sized flat screen with an old apple TV (we've long since moved on to Roku everywhere else). I've never been able to get the Peloton app to work on the Roku, but the old AppleTV works fine for AirPlay, so I just do that from the app on my phone.

I've also managed to get the app to work on my Kindle Fire. It's super small, but it might be big enough for yoga or some strength training (which I desperately need) and can take it to the patio outside.

All that said, it's clear I have zero excuses. I have the equipment, I have the space, I have the app, and I've been working from home for a solid year. All I seem to be lacking is the will to actually get started. :tomato:
Julie Fugina
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

What I find to be working for me with the app is to schedule the classes I want to take. That way I have no excuse not to logoff of work and go start my workout (I usually end work at 3:30 and then schedule a class at 3:45/3:50). It's been helping me the last few weeks to be more active then I have been in awhile.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That's awesome Gwen! Today would have been a perfect day for me to decide to work out. I didn't have anything pressing at work, and I'm home alone the entire night. And yet, I haven't moved from the computer since about 2pm except to run to the bathroom.

It is truly amazing though how much scrapbook prep work I got done in the interest of avoiding a workout though. I legit have been thinking about working out all day. And decided to work on photos instead. LOL.
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Gwen that’s a terrific routine you’ve made for yourself. I go in spurts with any form of exercise these days. Right now I am wearing my 100th Ride Peloton T-Shirt I earned in February. I think it was my last ride, LOL. Then I moved to Pilates. I have a Reformer upstairs and love it. But off the exercise wagon again. I have no excuses at all. Charley and girlfriend of nearly 2 years found a place to live which is great. He has been gone (not far away) for a month now. So I am an official empty nester. No excuses. But I drag my feet. Living by myself now just emphasizes my loss of Bob all the more. I know if I started working out it would help. Those endorphins always do.
FARLEY in Sacramento