Weekend Plans?

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

Weekend Plans?

Post by pbp908 »

It's very quiet on here. Verrry unusual.

Maddie and Julie are here to attend a funeral. Taking any opportunity I can get, I'll be grabbing some new photos of them while they're here.

My old Nook tablet died. It wouldn't come on, wouldn't charge - nado, nothing, rien, zip. Thinking it was beyond resuscitation, I ordered a new one. The set up is a PITA. The old one was sitting on the kitchen counter so I told DH to plug it in to see if there was any way to get it on long enough to attempt to transfer settings. To our complete surprise, the :censor: thing started working again! I'm still determined to get the new on working and then change the user on the old one to George since it's easier for him to see it. Kindle app is loaded and ready for set up as soon as I figure out how to transfer my library. :lol:

I'll also be pulling photos and papers from my scanty 6x6 stack for the next couple of classes. Whoo hoo.

Other than that, this will be a normal weekend, whatever in heck that is!

So what's everyone else doing??
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
gwendols

Re: Weekend Plans?

Post by gwendols »

Hi all! We're planning on picking up the camper and bringing it home today for the week. Next weekend is our first camping weekend of the season so Scott needs to get it ready to go. We're hoping for lots more trips this summer as we got it late in the 2019 season (end of July) and only had a few trips last year.

Other than that I need to move a few more things around in my basement for my Peloton delivery on Tuesday. It's been great to throw out so much old scrap stuff. I need to start doing that in my craft room. LOL

Hope you all have a great weekend! The weather here in Michigan seems to finally be getting warmer. :)
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Taking an online class today. Cooking tomorrow for the week & a bit for re(create).
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Weather's finally been nice here for a few days as well - so less time in the Glitter Grotto, more time outside. We're still in lockdown so can't go anywhere - although I'm defying the powers that be and am going for walks around the neighbourhood. Am working on a layout currently - despite my recalcitrant muse.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

pbp908 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:55 am It's very quiet on here. Verrry unusual.

My old Nook tablet died. It wouldn't come on, wouldn't charge - nado, nothing, rien, zip. Thinking it was beyond resuscitation, I ordered a new one. The set up is a PITA. The old one was sitting on the kitchen counter so I told DH to plug it in to see if there was any way to get it on long enough to attempt to transfer settings. To our complete surprise, the :censor: thing started working again!

So what's everyone else doing??

Same thing happened with my Amazon Fire,
I tried for 3 days to get it to work before ordering
a new one. Got the new unit, gave the old one one last try
and it charged right up. It's like getting a toothache and
not having it when you get to the dentist :)
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Good morning all. Nice weekend started Friday by doing a pot luck lunch at friend’s pool. We are all vaccinated and have been enjoying her “spa” each Friday. Yesterday I took my long time friend Pat, 85, (whose hubby is in a home with dementia and can’t return home) out for a day of much needed companionship and an intro to birding to a pretty little lake she’d never been to. Well rewarded with over 40 species. Today, the pool owner, is coming over to see my Minc and foiling in action. She is a devout SU user and hasn’t been aware of foiling. Hehehe... perhaps a little enabling might occur. Later this afternoon I “must” go pick up my wine club selection from a winery just down river from me.

I’m exhausted, LOL.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Finished a couple of pages and trying to make kits up.
I have most of the stuff together to go to recreate, now for clothes.
Trying to arrange for people to stop by and check on Tom.

I also have to get a suitcase ready for FL.
Since the day I get home we fly out the next morning.

Blake graduated from high school.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

The same thing happened to my laptop.
I was told the newest thing is to get our pc and other items ready for the new 5G.

My desktop still will not accept the update. So the screen is black.
Worry when I get back from FL.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Jill, take it with you to reCreate. Maybe Debi can help you with it.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

There isn't much difference here between weekdays and weekends. It's Monday morning now. I'm off to get a haircut and Ray's going to the dr. for routine test results, then library and supermarket for him. I'll walk home from the haircut. It's a nice walk along a boardwalk through mangroves then along the park between the road and the beach. I should take the camera.

Autumn is here. Putting flannel sheets on the bed today, it got down to 50 overnight. Our heating/cooling system is open the doors or close the doors.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Sounds blissful Marianne. We had a beautiful spring weekend. I’m looking forward to our week at the beach.
I’d love to see photos of your walk!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I had an empty house most of the weekend. What I should have done was take the opportunity to wash sheets, vacuum, and dust. But I didn't. Jake was camping, and Rob was at the campgrounds most of the weekend but came home to sleep in his own bed. Nicole spent the night at her BFFs house Friday night and worked Saturday and Sunday. I knew that as soon as anyone was back home again that anything I'd cleaned would be ruined, so I just didn't bother.

I wound up alternating between sitting outside when it wasn't too cold or raining, to sitting inside binge watching TV knowing there would be no interruptions. I realized how rare it was to watch an 45 minute show without ever having to pause and rewind even once due to someone hollering through the house.

I think I have very few weekends left where I will even have the option of being 100% lazy. Which is good and bad. It turns out that while I loved the hustle and bustle of having kid/family stuff to do, this last year of not having weekend plans has done wonders as well.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

My weekend was a mix of lazy and productive. Saturday we slept in a bit and lazed around until after lunch, then I dropped Dave off to fly off some hours on an airplane while I did a round of craft stores with a girlfriend. I did get a layout made Saturday night and the curtains in our bedroom washed and rehung, so that was my productive! Sunday we slept in a bit again then worked on the back deck project, which we're about 2/3 done with at this point. Got all my container garden pots moved to where I wanted them to be, drip lines to all, and Dave did a bit more framing for the screening while I painted 2x4s and a section of siding on it. Also managed to do another layout, laundry, and the curtains from the living room, so all in all pretty productive. It sounds busy but there was a fair amount of lazy mixed in as well.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:01 pm Sounds blissful Marianne. We had a beautiful spring weekend. I’m looking forward to our week at the beach.
I’d love to see photos of your walk!
I didn't take many photos except for a duck and her chicks in the mangroves. The lighting was terrible in the dappled sun but I did get a photo with all 9 chicks. Two are still in the roots top left.
Attachments
P1240237 small.JPG
P1240237 small.JPG (81.93 KiB) Viewed 190 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They look like American ducks! :lol:

Thanks for sharing that! What sweet little babies. How deep is the water there?
Pam Cook #48