Week 3 Paper Pad Class - Layout Share

Got one? Know of a good one?
pbp908

Week 3 Paper Pad Class - Layout Share

Post by pbp908 »

I'm still amazed at how different this tree is since we removed the other (dying) trees. IRL, the accents that I used blend much better with the background. This was just one of those random LOS that I didn't feel needed any description/journaling.
Attachments
Sketch3sml.jpg
Sketch3sml.jpg (216.24 KiB) Viewed 144 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Re: Week 3 Paper Pad Class - Layout Share

Post by jmp1022 »

another great page
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Thanks, Jill.
Pam P.

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Brilliant idea to use the mixed media background. The colors in your layers are so nice with your photo.
Maybe I’ll do Rounds 2 & 3 tomorrow before pool time?
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Pam, that layout is really pretty. I'm loving your choice of background paper also, and I'm wishing I hadn't worked so far ahead on some of these. I'm not loving my super plain background papers.

Here is my entry for this week. One of the things I liked about this particular paper pad is that it had some sheets with letters, and I was able to use those to cut out a title. It's a bit cluttered, but I think I'm mostly OK with how it all turned out. I wish I had known then that this would be the last campout that my girl scout troop was going to do - I'd have gotten more photos.

So far, I'm still not 100% sold on the small paper pads any more than I was, but I'm glad to be making a small dent in that part of my stash.
Attachments
MyrtlesManor.jpg
MyrtlesManor.jpg (90.85 KiB) Viewed 128 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

It looks good, Julie, but if you're not satisfied with your base paper then grab a pad of Versamark and a background noise type stamp and add some interest.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

That's a great idea Monica. I'm not sure I want to try it with this one, because I don't think I have anything that wouldn't compete strangely with that floral paper. Next weeks though - it's sad. Something has to be done about that before I post it.
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm working ahead, too. So far I'm OK with what I've done, but the next one I'm not so sure about. It's a little bit busy. ;)

Julie, I like Monica's idea. You may want to watch the video about smooshing on your backgrounds. I have to admit I've ruined my share of papers but at least they ended up as die cuts. :lol: The papers I've used as backgrounds on a lot of these are the Vicki Boutin papers, so the mixed media appearance is already there.

I also have a paper with an alpha on it that I've been wondering what to do with it. Love your idea to cut it up for titles.
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Pam - you'll get a kick out of my layout for next week (or maybe you'll just be horrified, if you can make out what you're seeing in those tiny 2x2 photos). That one may not make its way into an album at all if I don't re-do it. The only little bit of journaling on it reads "when you leave your trumpet unattended..." At least it was the last game of the season. I need to figure out a one word title, and I think the title might be "Totaled". The sad part is it wasn't her first trumpet that was totaled.

This is why in 7 years she never got a new one (she had her uncle's from high school), and why Jake is playing on Rob's old trombone from high school.
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Chris lost his when they were playing at the Tangerine Bowl halftime show. He set it down while they were waiting and then ... Thank goodness someone found it before they went on the field.

On that trip he lost his money, lost his phone, lost his trumpet, lost the rest of the band and then got lost himself. :lol:

Believe it or not, one day you'll look back at all of that and laugh!

I used 3x3 photos for the next one. I couldn't bring myself to use 2x2. :tomato:
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Honestly, I may re-do that one in 3x3. I really am not happy with it. I actually like the look of the sketch, but the reality of how it looks with such small photos - I'm not sure I'll ever like an actual layout like that.
Julie Fugina
Monica

Post by Monica »

Your chat about 2x2 photos reminds me of that one Time & Space layout from years and years ago that was 3x3 and 2x2 squares. Never thought I would use that one!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Most of the time when they had small squares I used them for journaling or embellishments. I hated those things!
Pam P.

Keitha

Post by Keitha »

How nice to see these pages from your class, ladies. Please share more as you do them.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Here’s mine. Can’t get a good shot of it. Lighting is horrible. I pulled out a 2” stack of photos from the UAE in 2017 and did this one instead. Not sure what I’ll do for week 4 - they’ll be 3” squares for sure though!
A74AFE51-85F5-42DE-8357-575279392886.jpeg
A74AFE51-85F5-42DE-8357-575279392886.jpeg (186.16 KiB) Viewed 90 times
Pam Cook #48