6 x 6 Class - Week #20 LOs

Got one? Know of a good one?
pbp908

6 x 6 Class - Week #20 LOs

Post by pbp908 »

Am I the only one glad this class is over???
Attachments
Sketch#20sml.jpg
Sketch#20sml.jpg (305.96 KiB) Viewed 741 times
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: 6 x 6 Class - Week #20 LOs

Post by pamcook »

Simply beautiful!
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

The last one to post
I had fun doing these but it took
me a while.

20-web-1.jpg
20-web-1.jpg (44.5 KiB) Viewed 736 times
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Very pretty Jill! I like the bits you put on the corners of the page.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Ok, you ladies go ON with your "I'm not cutting those damn sunburst" layouts! Your layouts are wonderful, and Jill - I love how you used one paper and just drew the lines. You totally got the effect without having to try to match up all of these cuts again. I tried, and my first pass was some kind of irregular rhomboid nonsense that didn't even resemble a 6x6 square. I pulled it all apart and tried again, but for all the work I did carefully marking dots with a ruler and drawing lines to cut and all of that, I still couldn't get these shapes to reassemble right. It is what it is.

I enjoyed the challenge, but I'd say well over half of these sketches will never see the light of day again, because they're just too hard, or I couldn't figure out the "magic" that makes them look decent.

Here's my last one, and I'm happy enough with it, but I will never ever ever do any kind of sunburst reassembly ever. That was ridiculously hard. Not to mention, it doesn't leave scraps of any kind of reusable size or shape so I pitched most of what wasn't used. She's probably got some helpful tips for making this sketch work, but I'm too lazy to seek out a sketch tutorial. If I can't replicate it with the instructions on the page, I'm not going to bother.

Cheers to getting through all 20 weeks - ON TIME! That's the part that I'm most proud of. And I did get a lot of layouts done that I maybe would have otherwise struggled with.
Attachments
Easter2019.jpg
Easter2019.jpg (98.48 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I admit that I actually like some of the LOs that I did, but I'm not sure I'll ever use these sketches again. I especially won't use the futzy ones and kudos to you, Julie, for attempting that starburst! I looked at it and said no way.

Now I've got to come up with ways to use all of that dratted 6x6 paper I have now and that HUGE lot of scraps. :wtf:
Pam P.

mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, you all had a real love/hate relationship with this class. It's been great to see all the layouts produced by all of you who made it through to the end.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :happywave: :clap: :clap: :clap:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

I really enjoyed seeing all your layouts!!!
Kathy Carr
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

mpizzazz wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 am Wow, you all had a real love/hate relationship with this class. It's been great to see all the layouts produced by all of you who made it through to the end.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :happywave: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Love/Hate is exactly right. I'm glad that I attempted each one. I would say that what I learned from this class was not so much about how to use 6x6 papers, but more about how to look at a sketch and know whether or not I'm going to be annoyed with it before I'm done. The sunburst sketch will go in my sketch binder, but with a note about how much of a PITA it was to get everything lined back up. Many of those sketches have notes to my future self with warnings and suggestions.

I will say I've got two sketches still sitting on my table with photos, with the intent of using the sketch again. But aside from that, it's time to tuck those 6x6s away for a while, and get back to some of my 12x12 stash.
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I think the best LO from this week was done by one of the participants who used a fireworks cut file for the star burst. It was absolutely gorgeous!
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:10 pm I admit that I actually like some of the LOs that I did, but I'm not sure I'll ever use these sketches again. I especially won't use the futzy ones and kudos to you, Julie, for attempting that starburst! I looked at it and said no way.

Now I've got to come up with ways to use all of that dratted 6x6 paper I have now and that HUGE lot of scraps. :wtf:
Sounds like a good reason to do a purge... ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I will say that with this class, I got WAY better at throwing away scraps. I pretty much didn't save anything smaller than 2x6. and if it was an angular cut, I didn't save it at all.

I also have to admit that it may be time to just bite the bullet and purge most of my Webster's Pages 6x6s. Most of those aren't the tight little patterns that are conducive to these 6x6-focused sketches, and the way they have most of the print/theme around all of the edges is super pretty for a 12x12 background, but doesn't translate well to 6x6. I've gotten use out of some of the B sides of these prints, but I've had them for SOOOO long and I'm just not sure how much more use I can get out of them. But then again, who am I kidding? I'm a total paper hoarder (especially when it's pretty like WP pages are). But the fact that I'm thinking about it is a step... right??? :lol:
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of die cutting in my future. :lol:
Pam P.