Layout ideas for the Biltmore

pamcook

Re: Layout ideas for the Biltmore

Post by pamcook »

Laurie wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:15 pm
Keitha wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:09 pm You're off to a great start, Laurie! That is one impressive place.
Keitha, it is. We took the behind the scenes tour. I’m not sure we saw everything. I would like to go again
Laurie - the Behind the Scenes tour is fascinating.
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

You've made a great start, Laurie. I like the blue colour you've used as the background and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your visit.
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

Great job Laurie! I’ve never got to visit there but visited a Cornelius Vanderbilt home in Newport, NH, it was pretty spectacular too. Is this the same guy or a different Vanderbilt?
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

I had no clue, so I looked it up. Taken from Google:

George Washington Vanderbilt, who commissioned the Biltmore House in 1882, was Gloria Vanderbilt's great-uncle. Gloria Vanderbilt's grandfather, Cornelius Vanderbilt II, and George Washington Vanderbilt were brothers. And those brothers were grandsons of railroad and shipping magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie AZ wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:41 am Great job Laurie! I’ve never got to visit there but visited a Cornelius Vanderbilt home in Newport, NH, it was pretty spectacular too. Is this the same guy or a different Vanderbilt?
Add a few extra days to tour trip here in May and we’ll go to Biltmore!
:hijack:
Pam Cook #48
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

Thanks for the details, Laurie. Sounds like those Vanderbilt’s had a rough life! :D
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Laurie, I was looking for something else entirely and stumbled on this blog post about a Biltmore layout:
https://nallystudios.com/blog/simple-st ... ore-layout. The suggestion to use Simple Stories Simply Vintage Ancestry is a good one I think, and although that's an older collection - although you can still buy it - you might look at other Simple Stories Simple Vintage collections as they seem to have the right period vibe.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I can’t think of a collection that would be more perfect than the one linked in Keitha’s post. I might have to buy a few pieces.
Pam Cook #48
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Keitha wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:25 am Laurie, I was looking for something else entirely and stumbled on this blog post about a Biltmore layout:
https://nallystudios.com/blog/simple-st ... ore-layout. The suggestion to use Simple Stories Simply Vintage Ancestry is a good one I think, and although that's an older collection - although you can still buy it - you might look at other Simple Stories Simple Vintage collections as they seem to have the right period vibe.
That paper was beautiful. I went to the links to order but it was out of stock. Went to Scrapbook.com and found some similar and ordered it. Hopefully it will be here in a few days.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Wow great find
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois