In search of...

jfugina

In search of...

Post by jfugina »

You all know I love a good sketch. And I loved ALSB back in the day, and I really loved the Scrapbook Generation Super Saver kit club. The appeal of ALSB and the SS kit wasn't just the sketches - it was the cutting diagrams that used 4-6 sheets of patterned paper, and used them across 6-8 pages to make a coordinated collection of layouts.

Has anyone seen any sketch designers who put out sketch collections like that? I've already purchased every cutting guide that is available from Simple Cut Creations, and I love the way those layouts turn out. But I'm looking for some new "kit buster" collections of sketches that do the same thing. Simple Cut Creations cutting guides say "get 6 pieces of cardstock and 8 pieces of patterned paper", and you'll come away with 6 empty layouts, and very little waste. The cutting guide has tips for what kinds of papers and cardstock to coordinate, and I've found it relatively straightforward to combine a totally random assortment of single sheets to get something that looks reasonably coordinated.

Anyway, if anyone knows of any other sketch designers who do that kind of thing, let me know. Since I just splurged on the Echo Park sale, I'm going to be looking for ways to use up some of my other collections to make room to store the new stuff. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Laurie

Re: In search of...

Post by Laurie »

I would like to know to Julie. I have several kits of Scrapbook Generations, and I liked it. I have struggled keeping the same paper theme throughout my Biltmore layouts.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

maybe your old CS ALSB formulas
would work for you, just imagine them
as sketches
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I have actually tried that Elizabeth. There are very few of those sketches that I even like anymore, and when I've tried them with paper I have, it was a disaster. :lol: I don't know if it has to do with large scale (typically) of the club scrap print, but a lot of those large cuts - using small scale prints in certain places just doesn't come out right. I really need that designer help as far as where to use small print or large prints, etc.

Even the page maps kind of show in their image a sample of small vs large print. That's the part that I struggle with the most, I think. For some reason, I just can't get the proportions right with those ALSB decks.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO