Pink and purple cards

katymjo

Pink and purple cards

Post by katymjo »

Here are a few cards I made recently as I'd bought some large sentiment dies and wanted to try them out.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (174.71 KiB) Viewed 134 times
EDelValle

Re: Pink and purple cards

Post by EDelValle »

They look great! What type of glue do you use
to adhere the die cuts?
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Thankyou, Elizabeth. I use the white PVA glue and put it on with a wooden cocktail stick. It's a bit fiddly but seems to work OK. Any other ideas?
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

katymjo wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:14 pm Thankyou, Elizabeth. I use the white PVA glue and put it on with a wooden cocktail stick. It's a bit fiddly but seems to work OK. Any other ideas?
I asked because I seem to have problems with
whatever glue I try. PVA glue using a toothpick
or straight pin. This week I'm trying with just a
glue stick, which was fine for the more solid
pieces but when you get to the skinny, thin
swirls, etc, it gets a bit breath holding so it
doesn't rip the paper.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Lovely cards, Kathryn.

I was using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive for a long time, but switched to Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue, which I like even better. It has a very small tip, which I love. If I have REALLY small pieces to glue down, I will just put a bit on glue on my teflon mat and dip the piece in using a set of tweezers.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I love using Multi Medium Matte because it dries clear and even if you get a bit sloppy with application it doesn't show. Unfortunately I was going through a lot of bottles, so my next move was when I found some refillable .5 oz. bottles that I could fill with PVA, since I purchase large bottles of it and always have it on hand. I just did a search and can't find or remember who I purchased those bottles from, but I did find something that I can recommend. Simon Says Stamp has a 2 oz bottle of PVA with a fine applicator tip that retails for $4.99. I would imagine that this bottle can be refilled. Hero Arts also has a 2 oz. bottle with a fine tip applicator but they're sold out at the moment. I'm sure that there are other sites with liquid glues in those types of containers - it's just a matter of finding one that you really like. I can tell you that I've been using the Multi Medium and the PVA for several years and have had no issues with the fine tips other than some minor drying/clogging. This was easily fixed with a good soak in hot water and cleaning out with a stick pin. Hope this helps and makes using those intricate dies a little easier.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

My current general go-to is iCraft Ultra-Bond (which you can buy at Michaels). It comes in a 6 oz bottle with a decent tip and a 1 oz bottle with a finer tip. For really fine detail I use Art Glitter glue with the super fine tip you can buy for it. And I also have PVA glue, Multi Medium Matte, etc., etc. If you're looking for bottles with fine tips to put your favorite liquid adhesive in, just search Amazon for fine tip applicator bottles.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

These are very pretty.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois