Another Soldier Request, Iraq for these...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
neith

Another Soldier Request, Iraq for these...

Post by neith »

My little brother's actually coming stateside next month, but my brother in law will remain in Iraq until September. We're sending two packages to him and another soldier around the beginning-middle of March and will be including a mess of Girl Scout cookies that people have donated for them to distribute to the guys in their units.

I'd love to include some other goodies... maybe things like thank you tags to them that I can tie to each box of cookies and packets of blank cards for them to send home to love ones. I won't know the total cookie count until just before I'm ready to mail since we're going to collect donations during our booth sale.. but I'm sure that we can attach those thank you tags to other things if we don't have enough boxes to match up to the tags! :) Another thing that I made in the past were small photo books where the pages were just the right size to mat a single printed photo onto and I know a lot of the guys take photos over there.

Anyhow, if anyone would like to send things, please let me know, drop me a PM or an email (neithj at gmail) and I'll give you my mailing address. These two guys don't want their addresses handed out, but since I'll have packages already going, I'm sure I can squeeze in goodies like these!
neith

Re: Another Soldier Request, Iraq for these...

Post by neith »

Oh... and if you make some cards for the soldiers to use to send home.. I have a bunch of envelopes in various standard sizes! Plenty of:
  • Invitation Size (4 3/8" x 5 3/4")
  • #10 (4 1/8" x 9 1/2")
  • #6 3/4 (3 5/8"x6 1/2")
I'll gladly add envelopes to any cards that you make!

Since the cards won't go out until early march, I'd no make any holidays that fall before Mother's Day, but themes could be things like:
  • Thinking of You
  • Miss You
  • Love
  • Thank You
  • Happy Birthday
  • Congratulations
  • Mother's Day
  • Father's Day
  • Americana
  • completely themeless
I only know two of the guys who will be getting these gifts.. they'll give the rest to guys who ask for them or who are left out from a lot of the packages from home... remember that not all of them have loved ones checking in on them all the time!

Thanks!