Rabbit Name and Update.. edit: picture

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
ErinLovesRats

Rabbit Name and Update.. edit: picture

Post by ErinLovesRats »

We named the rabbit Oreo after many people on different forums suggested it. He's doing good. I realized that I don't know as much about rabbits as I thought. So, I'm reading about them again. Someone on the cricut forum sent me a large package full of rabbit stuff including several rabbit magazines. I'll be reading those later. He's doing good, though. I'm out of town, but I'll be making him a vet checkup appointment when I get back. In addition to checking him out, I want them to show me how to trim his nails. I'm not comfortable to do that for the first time until they show me. He's not using his litter box, but I'll be reading about litter box training. I'm just glad he's already neutered. I always get so nervous when neutering animals so I prefer they come to me already neutered/spayed.

He nipped at Jonathan today, but I'm hoping that's no big deal. He doesn't hop out of his cage much, and we do have to pick him up to get him to his hop around area. Otherwise we're trying to let him socialize with us on his terms. Before I left, he would hop onto my lap while hopping around.

If you have any bunny tips, let me know. The cat seems confused by the bunny, but that doesn't surprise me. He's confused by the rats too. As for the dog, he hasn't met the rabbit, but I doubt he'd care. He's an old 20lb beagle with no teeth who only cares about being loved. He acts like our cat is nonexistent. So, I'm not too worried about him. He's not allowed in the rabbit's area anyway. That's passed the point of where the baby gate is.
ErinLovesRats

Re: Rabbit Name and Update

Post by ErinLovesRats »

Here's a picture. We're in the process of building his pen. He'll be a happy bunny. I'll get a picture with an actual camera sometime. I'm just not sure when.
Attachments
Oreo.jpg
Oreo.jpg (21.82 KiB) Viewed 142 times
tlscrap

Re: Rabbit Name and Update.. edit: picture

Post by tlscrap »

His name DOES fit him well :) He's a cutie!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Sharonv

Re: Rabbit Name and Update.. edit: picture

Post by Sharonv »

Awww how cute :)