"St. Patricks Day" Letter ATC Swap - SPOILER ALREADY!

Cathy

Re: "St. Patricks Day" Letter ATC Swap - SPOILER ALREADY!

Post by Cathy »

In today's mail - I got:

Elizabeths! :cool5: (I guess the P.O. Trusts me because they gave me a little brown envelope that says postage due .41 rubberbanded to your swap envy.
N/P! I already got your postage to cover it. Yay, they didn't get returned!

Gwen's, Farley's & Monica's

I haven't opened the envy's yet - I'm babysitting Mason. No time to play with that little guy around! Geesh.

Cathy:)
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Yipee!!!

I was so bummed that they weren't
getting to you. But they made it and I
am relieved.
I will pay attention to what I am doing in the
future. LOL
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Mine are all done...heading torwards Cathy

sorry for the delay ladies

no more "timed" swaps for me for a while
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

These should go out by Wednesday.........I'll let ya know - and I'll scan the rest of them when I get the last two sets!
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Oh my gosh! they are all so good.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

Cathy...glad mine arrived safely and you are very welcome for the card. I really have enjoyed your letter swaps and wanted to send a note of thanks. I am excited about seeing all the ATC's IRL :D
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Here are the rest of the spoilers. Still waiting on one set, but it should be here today or tomorrow - it's on its' way.

First up - Gwen

The stamp is very cool Gwen! Love how you wrote out celtic and added the shamrock! Very irish! Great job.
PS - Thanks for the extra ;)
Attachments
Gwen.jpg
Gwen.jpg (41.75 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Wow Rinda - the background paper on this is amazing. You must tell us how you did it. Love the little jewel in the center of the shamrock! Very nice!
PS - The card is amazing - is that a picture from your garden of flowers?
Thanks for the atc - I believe that luck is what you have left over after you give 100%. I actually have told that to my kids:)
Attachments
Rinda.jpg
Rinda.jpg (37.35 KiB) Viewed 206 times
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

These were Monica's! And they are fabulous. She made several different atc's - so I am showing them all to you. The embellishments are so cool (my scanner blurred them out so I took the picture with my digital camera which in turn came out dark ) - they are much better IRL! Monica how did you do the edges? What a cool effect.
And lucky those of you in her group - you are getting two because Monica could not decide which ones to make so she made several different kinds!
Wow, thank you Monica!
PS - I love the card that you made. You've got some very neat stuff and you are so creative. And thanks for the extras & the St. Patricks clear stamps. You really spoiled me! :D
Attachments
Scrap 1 018.jpg
Scrap 1 018.jpg (57.18 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Here's Farley's!
Fabulous stamp! Love the P for pot of gold and the pot of gold stamp.
So subtle back there behind the phrase. Very nice. You green heart is such a great added touch! (thanks for my own baggie of them and the extra - much appreciated).
Great job Farley!
Attachments
Farley.jpg
Farley.jpg (39.68 KiB) Viewed 193 times
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Elizabeth, you are so creative! I love what you came up with!
Check this out -
She used the letter a for aer lingus which is Ireland Airlines! I love it! The map is awesome and your little pics like that! Very clever!
and then she used the letter K for the Book of Kells. What a gorgeous graphic you used!
Very nice!
Ps - Thanks for the extras & the ribbons. Love them:)
Attachments
Elizabeth 2.jpg
Elizabeth 2.jpg (51.65 KiB) Viewed 187 times
Elizabeth1.jpg
Elizabeth1.jpg (49.66 KiB) Viewed 187 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

Cathy wrote:These were Monica's! And they are fabulous. She made several different atc's - so I am showing them all to you. The embellishments are so cool (my scanner blurred them out so I took the picture with my digital camera which in turn came out dark ) - they are much better IRL! Monica how did you do the edges? What a cool effect.
And lucky those of you in her group - you are getting two because Monica could not decide which ones to make so she made several different kinds!
Wow, thank you Monica!
PS - I love the card that you made. You've got some very neat stuff and you are so creative. And thanks for the extras & the St. Patricks clear stamps. You really spoiled me! :D
Lol! The edges are ridiculously simple... I promise! Ever heard of Stampa Rosa? They went out of business a few years back. Aside from their fabulous stamping lines, they also had a line of embossing powders called Filigree (very fine) and Cloisonne (like UTEE), with this fabulous sheen to them when embossed, that I loved and still have some of. I rubbed the edge of my Versamark pad against the edge of the ATC, dumped Cloisonne on it, and heated with the heat gun. Told you it was simple! I went back to the basics of stamping.... :creating:

You're welcome... thanks for hosting!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
rinda

Post by rinda »

Great job everyone! I especially like the Kells (as in Book of . . . ).
For my backgound paper, I used a variety of alcohol inks and then stamped a variety of celtic stamps from my collection on the background.
The photo is one I took at a park in Southern California over Christmas. I love doing photo cards.
Thanks again for hosting.
Rind
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

I am working out of town today and still waiting on one more - so hopefully those will come today and I can get these mailed out tomorrow!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

these are all beautiful!
another great swap shaping up :clap: